Manager - Corporate Development
Discovery’s Corporate Development group is primarily responsible for evaluating and executing strategic M&A transactions and investments. The group also supports the development and execution of company-wide corporate strategy and assists business units/divisions in evaluating new business and/or cross-organization opportunities. The Discovery Corporate Development group is looking for a Manager- Corporate Development. This role will support all of our DLA and USH development efforts for our channels, education and digital media businesses and would also support execution on certain International development efforts.
1. Primarily responsible for developing financial models
2. Research prospective acquisition candidates, business partners and competitors
3. Develop strong knowledge of industry information
4. Provide support to Corporate Development management in preparing presentations for shareholders, senior management, and external partners.
5. Research and model financial outcomes based on a variety of assumptions, analyze financial impact on prospective partners and Discovery businesses, collect relevant data, think creatively, and interpret and communicate results.
Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience required.
Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience.
Proven ability to research and model financial outcomes based on a variety of assumptions
Ability to analyze financial impact, collect relevant data, think creatively, and interpret and communicate results.
Demonstrate strong analytical skills, industry and business knowledge, and good understanding of network and online business models.
Self-motivated and results-oriented, this candidate should demonstrate the ability to work independently to research, analyze, synthesize, and present complex qualitative and quantitative data clearly.
Strong oral and written communications skills.
Ability to assess priorities and maintain composure and diplomacy at all times.
Candidate must also demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to manage multiple assignments under tight deadlines.
Strong computer skills (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.)
Spanish proficiency, Portuguese preferred.
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top