Legal Administrative Assistant
The Business & Legal Affairs department is responsible for all legal matters related to the creation, acquisition and pre-broadcast review of all content used worldwide by DCI’s television networks. More specifically, this group negotiates and drafts acquisition, commission, co-production and talent agreements; reviews scripts and rough cuts of programs prior to broadcast in order to minimize legal exposure; analyzes media rights associated with all programming agreements and responds to usage requests made by the company’s many lines of businesses; and provides advice and counsel on a wide array of production-related legal issues such as guild, insurance, and rights clearances.
Discovery Communications Inc. seeks a bright, highly motivated individual to provide administrative support to the attorney(s)/paralegal(s)/business executive(s) in a high volume, fast paced in-house Business Affairs legal environment. Handle contract drafting, transactional, litigation, and other entertainment law issues.
1. Provide legal administrative support to attorney(s)/paralegal(s) handling transactional, production, litigation, and other entertainment business and legal matters.
2. Generate contracts from standard forms and track contracts at various stages of production/execution.
3. Administer contracts and oversee process of contract execution
4. Proofread, edit, compare, and redline documents and effectively navigate and operate within various computer databases relating to areas of responsibility.
5. Handle inquiries from internal and external contacts and draft related correspondence.
6. Provide general office support (e.g. maintain and organize files, fax, photocopy, schedule meetings and maintain supervisors calendars, prepare expense reports and oversee submission of outside counsel bills and other invoices for payment).
7. Interact with Discovery business units, including senior and executive Discovery personnel, as well as external business contacts and other third parties.
8. Collaborate with department managerial and administrative staff in the development of processes and procedures to increase department productivity.
9. Work with and maintain confidential information.
10. Ideal candidate must have strong computer skills, including a mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Writer and ability to navigate in web-based database environments.
11. Candidate must have the ability to identify, prioritize, and manage important administrative issues, multi-task and effectively prioritize work assignments in addition to handling changing priorities.
12. Must demonstrate a positive attitude, strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with internal and external contacts.
13. Candidate should display a great deal of initiative and the ability to work independently under pressure in a deadline-driven, detail-oriented environment while maintaining high standards of accuracy, composure, and professionalism at all times.
14. Candidate must have the ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
15. Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Legal secretarial experience.
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top