The IT Auditor position will provide the individual with exposure to a wide array of IT functions across the Discovery organization. The IT Auditor will perform detailed testing, analysis and validation of global IT business and operations. The IT Auditor will work with process owners across the IT organization including Information Security, Global Technology Operations, Media Broadcasting and end-user IT support to conduct testing, recommend improvement opportunities and review changes to the IT control environment. The individual will support the IT Senior in the testing of IT controls and the process improvement of the IT SOX auditing methodology. The IT Auditor will participate in various process audits, including assisting in business process audits, internal consulting / advisory projects and other non-IT specific reviews.
- Actively participate in the organization and execution of Information Technology (IT) audits and support financial / operation audits. Assist in the execution of IT audits to evaluate the effectiveness and appropriateness of internal controls, business processes, procedures and operations.
2. Assist in assessing the Company's Information Technology compliance to internal standards and those defined by the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act of 2002.
3. Executes audit steps including preparing work papers, schedules, and summaries documenting audit evidence, audit findings, and conclusions
4. Assists in the drafting of audit reports to summarize audit findings
5. Complete workpapers in compliance with department and IIA standards
6. Perform special internal audit projects and consulting reviews as required and provide support for Business Audits as required
7. Provide technical user and administrative support to Internal Audit Department for IT tools (e.g., ACL, SAP, Replicon, etc.)
- Participate in data analytics and data visualization projects to support various Discovery business and IT processes
- Evaluate Information Security processes and conduct security audits under the direction of the IT Audit Manager
An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or Accounting.
* Familiarity with operational and technical information systems concepts (either through career experience or classroom education) including network infrastructure, computer operating systems, database management systems, SDLC, change management, IT governance and complex computer applications.
Working knowledge and understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) preferred.
A self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to think critically and find creative solutions to problems
* Strong desire to learn
* Flexibility for travel both domestically and internationally (estimated at 15-25%)
* Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
Expectation to pursue applicable certification as career progresses (i.e. CISA or CISSP)
* Fluency in a foreign language, especially Spanish or French, highly valued but not required
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top