The IT Auditor will perform detailed testing, analysis and validation of IT business and operations. Work with process owners and the IT organization to conduct testing, recommend improvement opportunities and review changes to the IT control environment. Support the IT Senior in the testing of IT controls and the process improvement of the IT SOX auditing methodology. Participate in various process audits, including assisting in business process audits and other non-IT specific reviews.
1. Actively participate in the organization and execution of Information Technology (IT) audits and support financial / operation audits. Assist in the execution of IT audits to evaluate the effectiveness and appropriateness of internal controls, business processes, procedures and operations.
2. Assist in assessing the Company's Information Technology compliance to internal standards and those defined by the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act of 2002.
3. Executes audit steps including preparing work papers, schedules, and summaries documenting audit evidence, audit findings, and conclusions
4. Assists in the drafting of audit reports to summarize audit findings
5. Complete workpapers in compliance with department and IIA standards
6. Perform special internal audit projects as required and provide support for Business Audits as required
7. Provide technical user and administrative support to Internal Audit Department for IT tools (e.g., ACL, SAP, Replicon, etc.)
An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or Accounting.
Experience in performing audits (internal or external) or past experience performing/reviewing IT controls and processes (i.e. access provisioning/deprovisioning, change management, SDLC)
Expectation to pursue applicable certification as career progresses (i.e. CISA or CISSP)
Understanding of operational and technical information systems concepts and controls including network infrastructure, computer operating systems, database management systems, SDLC, change management, IT governance and complex computer applications.
Knowledge and understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley
Knowledge and understanding of COBIT
A self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrated ability to think critically and find creative solutions to problems
Strong desire to learn
Flexibility for travel both domestically and internationally (estimated at 25-35%)
Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
Fluency in a foreign language, especially Spanish or French, highly valued
Must have the legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top