Interactive Project Coordinator
Discovery Creative, the internal creative agency for Discovery Communications, produces advertising and marketing campaigns in print, online, on-air and out of home for all of Discovery Communications networks and corporate initiatives.
The interactive team works with various Discovery networks and corporate clients to deliver outstanding and award-winning interactive and immersive digital experiences. Check us out at agency.discovery.com.
The interactive team is looking for a Project Coordinator who is an enthusiastic problem solver and has a keen eye for detail. Projects include web-based experiences, marketing websites and short-form video production. The Project Coordinator will work closely with the Project Manager and Director of Digital Strategy to establish efficient workflow throughout all levels of the project — from gathering requirements to final execution — and will assist in managing internal and client communications to ensure client objectives are met.
1. Work closely with Discovery Creative account team and clients to understand and manage client objectives and expectations.
2. Work with the interactive, account and creative teams to develop estimates, as required.
3. Coordinate workflow and scheduling of interactive projects.
4. Develop and manage project timelines.
5. Manage contracts, budgets and invoicing schedules.
6. Schedule internal and client meetings and communicate notes and action items effectively.
7. Communicate with other interactive groups within the company to coordinate integration and launch of digital projects.
8. Accountable for delivering projects on time and on budget.
3-5 years of project management experience within an agency or corporate in-house creative department. Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered part of total experience.
Understanding of web development and interactive production process.
Interest in multimedia development and production.
Highly detail-oriented and organized with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in very fast-paced environment.
Punctual and dependable
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Self-motivated with a drive for professional growth and innovation.
A passion for technology and media industry.
Client service oriented with honed diplomacy skills
Demonstrates initiative and has the ability to work independently, often under tight deadlines
Excellent time management skills and flexibility
Comfortable with web technology and social media
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top