Human Resources INternship - Summer 2017
Calling all Curiosity Seekers:
The Discovery INternship Program is on a mission to find the most ambitious, most creative, and most passionate students to #GetDiscovered and become a #DiscoveryINtern.
Through the Discovery INternship Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to learn about the entertainment and media industry from the leader in global entertainment through a paid 12-week internship.
Here’s what we offer:
- Getting your hands dirty with real work and project experiences
- Mentorship from Discovery’s best and brightest
- INtern Speaker Series with executives and employees across the business
- Networking opportunities usually with great snacks
- A creative, collaborative company culture with office spaces to match
- Oh, and lots of swag
Here’s what you’ll take away:
- Skills you didn’t know you had
- The inside scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the camera
- Relationships that will go beyond your college career
- Real life experiences that will prepare you for your next adventure
- Did we mention swag? Lots of it
Here are the details:
- This summer, our 12 week semester will be held from May 31-August 18, 2017.
- Our INternships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required, however we will provide documentation if necessary.
- The application deadline is March 31st. After this date we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
- Is a cover letter required? Nope! Please show us your passion for the position through your resume and preliminary questions we ask.
Interviewing will take place from February through May. A Discovery INtern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position.
Discovery Communications is a family of 13 stellar U.S. networks including Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, Science Channel, Discovery Family Channel, American Heroes Chanel, Velocity, Destination America and Discovery Life Channel and two Hispanic brands in the U.S.—Discovery en Español and Discovery Familia. Extending across platforms, Seeker and SourceFed Studios continues Discovery Communications’ tradition of storytelling digitally. What we do digitally and on TV, Discovery Education does in classrooms by delivering high-quality, engaging content that transforms, empowers educators and captivates students.
Are you IN?
Here at Discovery our Human Resources team works in close partnership with our networks and corporate functions. HR deals with employee relations, recruiting of new employees, compensation and benefits, and diversity initiatives.
As a Human Resources INtern, some of the awesome things you could work on include:
• Assist with recruiting for full time and temporary employees
• Learn HR Information Systems
• Learn about global mobility team to assist with corporate movement and employee relocations
• Learn general human resource management that includes salary administration, employee surveying and employee management
• Work with employee resource groups and diversity initiatives
• Conduct compensation research
* Must be currently enrolled as a full time student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a rising Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
If you do not meet the requirements stated above, please do not submit your resume.
Thanks for your interest in Discovery’s INternship program! We look forward to reviewing your submission.
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top