The Host/Writer will research and write show scripts, as required, and then deliver both scripted and improvisational presentation on camera per directive of the show producer. The Host/Writer is also responsible for engagement with show audience outside episode creation, such as participation in social media properties, and in representing the show and network to special events, both within network and on a corporate level.
This role requires an aptitude for video production in addition to requiring a strong control over an authentic and charismatic delivery. It requires a dedicated professional loyalty and investment to assigned programs, and also provides opportunity for developing new content ideas.
This position is based in Woodland Hills.
About Discovery Digital Networks: Discovery Digital Networks is made up of Seeker and SourceFed Studios. With over 300 million monthly views, DDN is reaching young, influential audiences around the world through daily programming, weekly series, premium web-docs & live online events. Discovery Digital Networks is part of Discovery Communications, the world’s number one non-fiction media company.
1. Research, vet and complete video episode scripts per directive of show producer
2. Write show or segment summaries for publication as directed by show producer
3. Present on camera from scripts or improvisational as directed
4. Refine writing and presentation work per feedback by production team
5. Actively participate in online discussions, social sharing, ancillary productions and events to represent assigned show(s) and network(s)
6. Represent the brand of show and network at all times while attached as a face or voice of assigned shows.
Minimum 2 years experience in broadcast and/or web video production
Strong research and writing skills
Prior, related on-camera work strongly preferred but not required
Authentic, passionate expertise for related show content
Heavy experience and active knowledge of social media platforms and networks
Adhere to appropriate content embargoes and NDAs
Must be resourceful, proactive and have a strong attention to detail
Must possess strong communication and organization skills
Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top