Global Events Coordinator
The Global Events and Brand Activation Team serves as the internal experiential agency for Discovery Communications and our portfolio of brands. Partnering globally with all of our networks and corporate functions, the Global Events team is flawlessly executing events from “ideation though implementation” around the world. We work in a fast paced, on the go environment, bringing our brands to life in the most creative and innovative ways.
The Global Events Coordinator will play a key role supporting the day to day operations of the Global Events and Brand Activation team. These duties include, but are not limited to: helping research and secure event venues, assist in developing creative for event elements, coordinating and updating registration site and attendee lists, research and selecting branded merchandise, advance and on-site logistical support for all types of event activations (including consumer, B2B, press events, network premiers and special events).
1. Have active role in supporting the planning, coordination, and execution of multiple types of events vital to Discovery’s businesses and portfolio of brands.
2. Daily liaison for web-based invite and registration platform and event list management.
3. Work with Discovery’s internal agency to design and implement creative elements for assigned events.
4. Assist in developing and managing event budgets through post event reconciliation.
5. Research and evaluate potential venues/locations for event activations.
6. Coordinate directly with vendors and assist in managing contracts, payments and logistics.
7. On-site event support.
8. Coordinate post event recap for internal/external clients.
9. Identify event industry awards and manage submission process.
Highly organized, with the ability to multi-task, thorough, meet multiple deadlines and enjoy functioning in a fast paced environment.
Proactive. The ability to anticipate what’s next.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Comfortable working with executives and
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top