Executive Assistant - VPs
Discovery Studios is a full service production and distribution powerhouse within Discovery Communications. Strategically focused, Studios is primarily tasked with creating development and production content for all DSC platforms.
The Executive Assistant will work with and support (3) VP’s (VP Production & Operations, VP Current Production and VP of Development) to coordinate the overall production and development process for Discovery Studios and function to meet business initiatives, standards for quality, value, and innovation.
1. Work closely with internal Studios staff, internal DCI representatives across various departments and external production companies
2. Assist VPs with scheduling of meetings, phone logs, travel and expense reports and filing.
3. Schedule appointments and maintain/update daily calendars.
4. Arrange travel itineraries and prepare travel and expense reports.
5. Manage, submit and track financial and expense reports
6. Assist with internal and external meeting preparation, including room reservations, catering & AV needs.
7. Create and maintain general filing system.
8. Create agendas for editorial, Development, and Production meetings
9. Candidate will be responsible for organizing, tracking, and maintaining detailed records of all progress
10. Support Development & Production staff with presentation projects as needed
11. Assist with special projects and perform other related duties, as assigned.
A minimum of 2-3 years of executive administrative experience within a fast paced, corporate environment, preferably within entertainment and production.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
Professionalism, maturity, diplomacy, composure and grace under pressure.
Strong organizational and administrative management skills; must be articulate, detail-oriented.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills; including proficiency in grammar and spelling.
Strong analytical skills and a basic financial knowledge.
Significant level of discretion due to exposure to confidential information and high-profile individuals.
Knowledge of all aspects of production and post-production is a plus
Detail-oriented and have strong organizational and administrative management skills.
Ability to assess priorities and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
Strong MS Outlook and MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
Must have editorial judgment and strong verbal & written communication skills
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Back to top