About Seeker: We dare to act on our curiosity with an instinctual belief that wisdom is gained by experiencing, observing and exploring. Seeker is a digital network for a new generation of bright and curious minds, to share openly, evolve understanding, experiment often, and to concede that knowledge is fleeting. We build engaging, award-winning content in the realms of science, world and exploration for passionate audiences across the diverse digital landscape. Seeker is part of Discovery Digital Networks, a division of Discovery Communications. This position is based in San Francisco, California.
About Discovery Digital Networks: Discovery Digital Networks is made up of Seeker and SourceFed Studios. With over 300 million monthly views, DDN is reaching young, influential audiences around the world through daily programming, weekly series, premium web-docs & live online events. Discovery Digital Networks is part of Discovery Communications, the world’s number one non-fiction media company.
We are Seekers – join us.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant based in San Francisco to provide high-level administrative support for the SVP of Development & Operations as well as the SVP of Creative at Discovery Digital Networks.
1. Schedule internal and external appointments, meetings and maintain calendar.
2. Arrange all meeting details e.g. scheduling conference rooms, bridge lines, catering, and audio/visual/IT support.
3. Coordinate and prepare meeting materials, agendas, notes, handouts, etc.
4. Coordinate travel arrangements, and prepare travel itineraries.
5. Request purchase orders, process invoices through Discovery's Accounts Payable workflows to ensure timely vendor payments. Prepare expense reports as well as timesheets.
6. Function as administrative liaison to department staff, as well as other DCI groups.
7. Primary contact for all internal/external phone calls; route calls to the appropriate ad sales/DCI group, take messages, return calls as directed, respond to inquiries on a timely basis, and provide routine information (within scope of authority).
8. Compose correspondence, minutes, presentations, and other documents.
9. Open, review and disseminate non-confidential interoffice and external mail, distribute correspondence and other material to staff as directed.
10. Provide general clerical support (faxing, scanning, ordering supplies, etc.).
11. Spearhead quarterly events with external vendors and creative marketing department for premiums
12. Responsible for handling confidential/sensitive information and documentation.
13. Assist with special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience.
Minimum of five years of experience supporting executive level.
Individual must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills
Must have strong writing skills and communication skills (written and verbal).
Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, should be flexible, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
Must be pro-active and anticipate the executive’s needs.
Demonstrated expertise in Windows applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
Must have the ability to assess and juggle priorities, successfully complete multiple tasks/projects within required timelines, and to bring issues to closure.
Individual must demonstrate initiative and be resourceful.
Position requires the assistant to handle confidential matters and documentation professionally and within company policy.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Back to top