Oversee and manage two executive offices for the GM – Science Channel to include coordination of department administrative support. The Executive Assistant will provide administrative, some production, and development support to the Science team.
1. Answer telephone, screen calls, route callers, take messages, respond to internal and external inquiries, and provide routine information within the scope of authority
2. Schedule, organize, and coordinate meetings, including travel, transportation and hotel arrangements, coordination, preparation, and distribution of materials, agendas, and notes, hand outs
3. Type and compose memorandums, letters, forms, procedures, contracts, proposals, and other documents and correspondence, as appropriate.
4. Arrange travel itineraries and prepare travel and expense reports, purchase orders, and check request
5. Prepare presentations, including annual budget presentation.
6. Monitor monthly expenses, reconcile budget, and refer discrepancies for resolution
7. Schedule executive's appointments, maintain and update supervisor's daily calendar.
8. Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in a related field of study or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience is preferred
Two or more years’ administrative experience
Must be proficient in Windows, Microsoft applications, and database management
Candidate must be articulate, detail-oriented, and have strong follow up, organizational and administrative management skills
Candidate must also demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to manage multiple assignments under tight deadlines
Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required
Ability to initiate and follow-through on tasks independently – strong self-starter who will take charge and provide support to executives in an efficient manner
Ability to multitask, assess priorities and maintain composure and diplomacy at all times
Discovery experience a significant plus – knowledge of internal company processes and departments a key attribute
Must have the legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top