Director Partner Marketing
Develop and implement robust TV Everywhere partner campaigns for Discovery’s portfolio of US Networks and associate Digital Apps. Lead the planning, development, execution and evaluation of partner marketing initiatives that support TV Everywhere and On Demand objectives, provide value to our network viewer base, and reinforce the power of Discovery Networks brand equity among distribution partners.
1. Strategically align content distributor customer engagement goals with Discovery network programming priorities in order to increase awareness and usage On Demand and TV Everywhere services.
2. Position will work in partnership with Distribution and Digital senior management teams to craft marketing strategies in support of distribution objectives; Ongoing strategic planning for DCI brands in the development and execution of national programming campaigns and promotions (customized, integrated, consumer-extension and distributor specific).
3. Manage strategy, design and activation of promotions, campaigns and related sales support tools aligned to DCI On Demand and TV Everywhere goals, network programming priorities and partner objectives.
4. Manage implementation details of all marketing efforts and any critical client/consumer communications to ensure flawless execution
5. Proven understanding of the competitive and complex distribution landscape requiring seamless collaboration with account management teams to determine which of our distributor’s goals and objectives are (or could be) aligned with our own, and which of them provide an opportunity for us to produce meaningful programs that help deliver on those goals.
6. Significant independent judgment needed to allocate resources to programs that are likely to yield best results given the limited time, money and people. Must be both flexible but persistent to ensure that the sometimes-conflicting needs of affiliates and our own internal teams can both be met.
7. Must partner with key senior division and network executive teams to identify ongoing opportunities that leverage Discovery assets to build value for partners and expand brand affinity among key audience targets.
8. Partner with account management team to monitor affiliate environment to ensure strategic development and selection of campaigns that maximize value of all Discovery Networks as well as to guarantee key affiliate decision makers are aware of activity through effective merchandising.
9. Serve as internal DCI expert on the marketing strategies deployed for target MVPD’s (understanding MVPD national strategies for the marketing of digital, social, broadband, etc.) Provide strategic input on leveraging said activity in support of overall MVPD partnership objectives.
Bachelor degree or an equivalent combination of skills preferred.
Must have a minimum of 7-10 years sales and/or marketing experience (preferably 3+ years in media); collaborative relationship-building skills are essential; programming/distribution experience a plus.
Must have a proven understanding of competitive distribution landscape (consolidation and OTT/TVE).
Must have strong analytical skills to assess key markets and opportunities and demonstrated ability to build strategic plans that support sales objectives.
Must have experience in managing team; experience in developing sales/marketing professionals a plus.
Must have impeccable attention to detail, ability to multi-task/prioritize in fast paced environment, demonstrate problem-solving and superior client service skills.
Must have superior presentation skills and have a high degree of comfort delivering presentations to senior network executives both internal and external to DCI.
Must be able to develop strategies and tactical plans and motivate team to achieve defined goals.
Must be a self-starter with ability to own and advance projects.
Travel required up to 25%.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Back to top