Director Licensing - Fashion & Home
The Director of Fashion & Home will have oversight of all key soft goods categories including, but not limited to Apparel, Accessories, Footwear & Home. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing strategic business plans and licensee relationships with DGE global licensing, ad sales, creative, product development teams that drive retail sales growth in support of the DGE’s division’s long-term business objectives.
1. Analyze account business performance, and develop growth objectives that are aligned with Discovery’s initiatives across category and franchises
2. Develop and implement multi- channel Fashion & Home product category strategies, merchandising, creative, product development to tie back to brand plans to ensure that licensing & collaboration with sales team are maximized and goals met.
3. Execute strategies and initiatives that deliver specified financial goals for Discovery’s Consumer Products business for our Licensed merchandise and DTR businesses.
4. Manage all licensed merchandise, agent relationships and DTR categories, develop licensing relationships to meet and exceed predetermined revenue targets and growth objectives.
5. Develop new business opportunities for all licensed categories.
6. Work with internal creative to set trend direction and make recommendations for new products.
7. Develop and bring to market new and innovative Fashion & Home products
8. Closely manage agent relationships to ensure products, merchandise plans and retail programs are on strategy
9. Partner with Digital Products team including e commerce product management, marketing, operations, social media and creative
10. Work closely with VP and SVP to effectively manage licensing and Fashion & Home category process to drive sales at retail.
11. Collaborate with internal Ad Sales and Digital partners to develop cohesive programs and unique opportunities
12. Assume fiscal responsibility for assigned categories
13. Manage all revenue targets for assigned categories to include annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and T&E expenses.
14. Manage licensing contracts, minimum guarantees, deliver ROI’s
Experience with retail account cultures and entertainment licensing- category consumer products
Strong softgoods background preferred, with experience in assortment planning, sell in, and sells through, customer buying patterns, pricing, and in store merchandising.
Superior analytical, problem solving skills.
Savvy at collaborating with others internally and externally to support and drive Discovery brand awareness at retail.
Ability to solve unexpected challenges, break bottlenecks and challenge the status quo.
Capable of working on several projects simultaneously and maintains flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, especially, Excel, Word, and Power Point;
Strong presentation skills with proven ability to present to buyers, licensees, and senior management required.
Minimum 10 years soft-goods category experience in either a licensing and/or manufacturing background.
Strong sales skills: relationship building, presentations, influencing skills
Strong strategic, analytical and planning skills
Ability to engage with senior level executives
25-35% travel required.
Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top