Director Finance - Digital Ad Sales
Discovery continues to focus on digital content, technologies, platforms and products to be the engine of future growth for the company. The Director of Digital Ad Sales Finance will be a key business partner responsible for connecting our U.S. Digital operations with the U.S. Ad Sales organization to provide regular (including weekly) insights into performance and trends for the purpose of maximizing revenues and margins for our growing Digital businesses.
This position will be based in New York, NY.
1. Create and run the weekly “Digital Green Book” process to review sales and operational performance of the various Digital lines of business with the CCO, U.S. Ad Sales leadership and U.S. Digital leadership
2. Lead the process to make recommendations on regular Revenue forecasts for the U.S. Digital businesses
3. Forge relationships with Ad Sales, Digital operational groups and the broader Finance organization to become the go-to person within Finance for Digital revenue questions and issues.
4. Develop insights into unlocking greater advertising revenue – reporting on which ad clients, marketing approaches, content, and sellers are providing the greatest return to the business
5. Partner with RST to perform pricing analysis and pricing recommendations on new advertising products and changes in pricing strategy
6. Review non-standard or complex custom Digital revenue/Sales deals to ensure we are getting the best result for the company, appropriately maximizing cash, margins, and revenue.
7. In conjunction with RST, participate in long-term planning exercises with recommendations on assumptions including pricing, sell through rates and other digital advertising market conditions.
8. Assist as needed with ad-hoc business and financial analysis and regular financial processes as part of the Digital Finance team.
10-12 years experience working in financially-oriented jobs.
BS in finance, accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
Strong analytical skills.
Track record of using financial analysis to influence decision making.
Must be detail-oriented and organized.
Strong computer experience.
Strong communications and people management skills.
Experience working closely with a Sales organization is required, experience working with advertising sales or (especially) digital advertising sales preferred.
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top