Director - Educational Partnerships
Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
The Director of Education Partnerships leads the team in the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategy to develop new partnerships and grow distribution of products and services within K-12 districts in Florida and Louisiana.
The Director of Education Partnerships focuses on developing strategic relationships to identify opportunities for Discovery Education services to support district vision and goals. This position will be focused on leading sustained growth of partnerships in Florida and Louisiana and will directly manage an established team of partnership managers while simultaneously driving revenue and relationships.
Leadership & Collaboration-Seasoned Sales leader required. With at least 7-10 years’ experience/proven ability to:
1. Directly manage an established team of partnership managers.
2. Build capacity of all partnership team members through team & individual growth plans.
3. Manage and shape teams towards measureable effectiveness meeting/exceeding against regional sales quotas.
4. Coach team towards performance management growth goals.
5. Mentor team in industry current trends, as well as best practices for sales tools use, most notably Salesforce.com.
6. Guide team through management of a complex, enterprise solution sale with a 3-12 month purchasing cycle. Including how to move sale through the entire sales process.
7. Develop, in conjunction with the regional Sales VP, a solid territory strategy, and implement with team.
8. Collaborate with DE colleagues to create and implement a market development plan for the designated territory.
9. Model continuous learning for the regional team, particularly around product knowledge and selling skills.
10. Conduct consistent territory reviews, implementation and account plans.
11. Develop sales strategies for targeted accounts and enroll key stakeholders to successfully implement those tactics.
12. Model effective communication, presentation skills, account strategy, and problem solving for the team.
13. Collaborate and share best practices to support the team capacity for securing new partnerships.
14. Demonstrated passion for improving teaching and learning in schools.
15. Effectively communicate across Discovery Education.
Education Partnerships (Sales)
16. Develop and expand relationships with Superintendents and cabinet members in Florida and Louisiana accounts to support team revenue goals.
17. Work with educational partners to implement solutions that meet their objectives. Portfolio should include a mix of digital streaming, professional development and Techbook services.
18. Manage and grow strategic partner accounts within territory.
19. Grow business pipeline and strategically direct resources to convert opportunities to partnerships.
20. Provide thought leadership to partners by connecting educators with a like-minded community and effective models for change.
21. Work with the Partner Success team to ensure integration of Discovery Education services within key strategic accounts.
22. Ensure ongoing dialogue with highest-level administrators involved in large-scale implementations. Monitor implementation progress with key district stakeholders to insure positive impact and efficacy.
23. Communicate effectively across Discovery Education to inform the growth of our business.
Knowledge of Education Trends & Discovery Education Services
24. Demonstrate exceptional knowledge of all Discovery Education services.
25. Knowledge of education trends and issues in Florida and Louisiana.
26. Present overview of Discovery Communications, Discovery Education and services in a credible and consistent manner. Ensure all team members are capable of the same.
27. Consistently work with teams at Discovery Education to position services in a meaningful and solution oriented way.
28. Maintain an understanding of industry trends, current events, and anything that may impact the business by reading professional publications, researching all available prospect/product resources and participating in professional organizations.
29. Effectively communicate with educational partners regarding current educational topics and trends (i.e. new standards, funding, legislation, technology, etc.).
30. Maintain a thorough understanding of Discovery Education’s overall goals and strategic vision. Share this knowledge with team and partners when appropriate.
31. Provide consistently positive and energetic leadership for the team.
32. Travel approximately 60-80% of time (with seasonal variations). This may include weekend travel.
33. Meet with key stakeholders on a regular basis.
34. Establish strong relationships will all internal and external partners.
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience, Master’s degree preferred
Proven track record of 7-10 year of sales & direct personnel management experience
Strong negotiation, interpersonal, presentation, organizational and verbal/written communication skills required
Strong leadership skills to coach, mentor & train sales team to success
Attention to detail and the ability to manage a diverse workload
Ability to work as a team and in a fast-paced environment
Education experience preferred
Candidate must be willing to travel (60-80%)
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Back to top