Director - Domestic Consumer Products
Seeking a Director - Domestic Consumer Products
1. Lead the development of new Publishing/HV and Retail partnerships for Discovery Adventures, Discovery Expeditions, Discovery Kids, Animal Planet, Shark Week, and other sub-brands for North America market.
2. Based on program content and brand priorities, collaborate with consumer products and enterprise and studio teams to create short and long-term strategy to build publishing/hv and retail licensing business.
3. Assess existing licensing partnerships: retail distribution, brand/product features, annual royalty income, contract compliance and overall alignment with Discovery Consumer Products initiatives.
4. Conduct category and competitive research to uncover and confirm consumer trends, product ideation, and related industry intelligence to support publishing/hv and retail strategy.
5. Identify and cultivate potential licensees and brand collaborations. Negotiate business terms and contracts through to execution.
6. Day to day management of publishing/hv and retail licensees to ensure product development timelines and brand standards are met for each partner’s go to market strategy.
7. Collaborate with marketing team to identify opportunities for publishing/hv and retail licensees and key retailers.
8. Ensure appropriate publishing/hv products are developed for direct to consumer Discovery Adventure and Discovery Destination venues and fan shop websites.
9. Oversight of publishing/hv and retail licensees; contractual obligations and compliance.
10. In tandem with Discovery Enterprise objectives, create annual financial plans for, publishing/hv and retail business and tactics to meet revenue goals.
11. Manage team including: 2 shared CP Managers and creative manager.
Superior analytical, problem solving skills.
Savvy at collaborating with others internally and externally to support and drive Discovery brand awareness at retail.
Ability to solve unexpected challenges, break bottlenecks and challenge the status quo.
Capable of working on several projects simultaneously and maintains flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, especially, Excel, Word, and Power Point
Strong presentation skills with proven ability to present to buyers, licensees, and senior management required.
Minimum 10 experience
Strong sales skills: relationship building, presentations, influencing skills
Strong strategic, analytical and planning skills
Ability to engage with senior level executives
BA required and Business or Marketing preferred
Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top