Director Digital Distribution
Identify, create and manage partnerships with digital distributors including online and other alternative platforms. Foster strong partnerships that maximize the value of Discovery products and services. Negotiate distribution deals and develop strategy. Manage partnership activities by collaborating with internal and external contributors.
1. Negotiate new video distribution deals for Discovery content across varied business models and territories.
2. Renew agreements with existing partners with objective to grow revenue year over year.
3. Liaise with MVPDs on strategies for digital products and services.
4. Collaborate with internal groups in developing digital strategy and driving revenue goals.
5. Establish and develop relationships with potential distribution partners in order to foster additional revenue sources.
6. Serve as main business contact for select clients to maintain a productive partnership, troubleshoot problems and maximize revenue opportunities.
7. Create and maintain term sheets, sales presentations and other strategic planning documents.
8. Maintain understanding of competitive marketplace including positioning of other programmers, business models, offerings and new initiatives.
Candidate must have an excellent understanding of and direct experience with digital TV platforms.
Candidate must have experience executing content distribution deals
Candidate should have current relationships with key clients in digital distribution space.
Candidate will have experience in video distribution or acquisition businesses.
Candidate must be a strategic thinker and an excellent negotiator with a proven track record.
Candidate must have impeccable communication and management skills, high personal integrity and be a team player.
Candidate must have the savvy, drive, energy and commitment to think creatively in order to drive new revenue for Discovery content.
Willing to travel for business purposes.
Undergraduate degree required; MA/MBA preferred but not required.
Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Back to top