Director, Digital Business Intelligence
Discovery’s Digital Analytics team is seeking a BI Director responsible for implementing Google Analytics across our digital platforms for each of our nine networks. The role will work collaboratively with many different teams assessing the current data infrastructure, designing solution design documents for new products, communicating specifications with the development teams, and evolving the tagging requirements to satisfy business needs. This individual must have expert knowledge of digital analytics including experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
1. Collaborate with business and technology teams to define and establish a web analytics implementation for new and existing initiatives
2. Provide best practices for consistent tracking implementations across multiple platforms including web, iOS app, Android App, Roku, tvOS, and FireTV
3. Create Measurement Plans and corresponding detailed Solution Design Documents
4. Prioritize tagging requirements to align with business requirements
5. Design and execute QA testing plans
6. Perform ongoing data quality assurance
7. Work with advanced analytics team to ingest Google Analytics data into larger Data Warehouse
Expert knowledge in Google Analytics or Omniture
Expert knowledge in tag management systems such as Google Tag Manager, Adobe Target, Tealium, Ensighten, etc.
Experience with JIRA and agile deployment
Hands-on experience with debugging tools like Charles, HTTPFox, etc.
Exposure to video tracking and media companies is a plus
Must have legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top