Director - Affiliate Planning
Responsible for the detailed planning, tracking and execution of the Affiliate Sales revenue and expenses Budget, as well as serve as a liaison to other departments within the organization such as Finance, Legal, accounting.
1. Responsible for the modeling of the sales revenue and subscriber plans for Latin America, working closely with the Regional Sales Teams.
2. Work with head of Distribution in order on the expense Budget plan for the Affiliate Sales Department (opex) as well as the contractual portion, to guarantee contract compliance.
3. Ongoing interaction with regional Country Managers in order to review respective Affiliate Distribution reports, plans, forecasts, and budgets, among others.
4. Accountable for the creation and timely distribution of sales related reports (monthly revenue and subscriber forecast, monthly affiliate sales results, MSO subscriber and revenue reports) as well as any ad hoc reports required.
5. Responsible for the Affiliate Sales monthly revenue, subscribers and expense Forecasts, working alongside with Finance and accounting Departments to analyze, track and explain fluctuations and variances.
6. Serve as key contact person to raise top negotiations to senior management, as well as serve as key person for calls and meetings related to the affiliate sales Finance portion of the business.
7. Involvement with key senior Management team members as well as local Country Managers in regional offices in order to provide key managerial reports and analysis.
8. Working with the sales teams to analyze, project and forecast the impact of future negotiations, providing the correct financial strategy and insight to maximize the return of a deal.
9. Review, maintain and update the Sales Rate cards.
10. Direct involvement with the sales teams in contract negotiation and renewals through the Region, providing support, guidance and industry insights.
11. Responsible for the monthly close process for the department (generating the necessary accruals for month, quarter and year end cycles).
12. Serve as the liaison between affiliate sales, accounts payables and the SRM team to make sure all invoices for the department are entered correctly and the subsequent purchase orders are being created and sent for payment.
13. Analyze industry trends and business models in order to develop plans for future revenue streams.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, accounting or sales, or related field or equivalent combination of sets and skills, training and experience. MBA a plus.
At least 5 years of experience in sales, Finance, television or commercial related field.
Planning experience a plus.
Qualitative and quantitative skills, including but not limited to, Excel, Word, Power Point, SAP/BI/EPM.
Ability to work and met deadlines. Able to work with different personalities and work styles.
Ability to communicate with confidence and to influence others.
Bilingual, Spanish a Must and English. Portuguese a plus.
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top