DIR Security Architecture & Engineering
As Discovery Communications’ portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery’s growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
Within our Information Security team, there has never been a busier or more urgent time to obtain the best talent we can for a function so critical to Discovery Communications. In light of the constant threats and attacks occurring in companies across the globe, and across all industries, the Information Security Team at Discovery is a growing group of cyber security professionals, that are using the latest tools and resources to protect the assets from our internal infrastructure to the shows we broadcast across the globe on Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, Discovery ID, TLC, EuroSport and more. From the US to Singapore, India to LA, we are tasked with protecting, training, and implementing the best of the best in tools, resources, monitoring, threat detection, and more.
The Director of Security Architecture and Engineering is responsible for managing and leading the Security Architecture and Engineering team in several functional security areas, including Network Intrusion Prevention, Host Intrusion Prevention, Web Proxy, DDOS, Firewalls, Wired and Wireless Security, and Security Controls Policy Enforcement among other areas. This role will provide expert level strategic direction, resolve technical escalations and consultation across all the Network Security stack technologies and services. This person will be considered the expert and a leader for technical security items and is able to communicate at all levels of leadership.
1. Providing technical leadership and management of Security projects from conception through deployment
2. Managing a technical staff in accordance with organization’s policies and structures
3. Approving actions on human resources matters, including salary and budget administration
4. Assisting in defining the appropriate technology standards to use within the company’s existing architecture
5. Understanding emerging security technologies and determining appropriate use within business applications
6. Providing tools and technologies to facilitate end-user access to data
7. Developing a security technology strategy, product lifecycle management, and support and maintenance of the technical security controls that protects Equifax in 17 global locations
8. Participating in Security advisements, consulting and providing security requirements to meet a business initiative or project
9. Responsible for strategic, tactical and day-to-day network security functions
10. Responding to and resolving escalated technical security inquiries
11. Working under limited supervision on duties and tasks that reflect substantial variety and complexity
12. Serving as a resource to others in the resolution of complex technical problems, escalations and issues
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related discipline
10+ years of previous technical experience, specifically security with networking or software development background
5+ years of supervisory or management experience in a technical environment
Strong hands-on technical background with 5+ years in a 24/7 operational role
Experience with multiple OS platforms, including Linux, UNIX, iOS, Windows and AIX
Advanced knowledge of network and security protocols and principles, including TCP/IP, defense in depth, MPLS, VPN, GRE, encryption of privilege
Comprehensive knowledge of networking technologies, security systems and related data center technologies
Working knowledge of Cloud infrastructure and secure design effectively segmenting the environment and protecting data at rest and transport
Experience in monitoring and managing the detection and prevention of host-based intrusion, data loss, malware as well as vulnerability scanning solutions, DDOS protection, security event and information management, host-based integrity checking, end-point security, etc.
Strong staff management skills and the ability to effectively manage a technical team
Ability to work independently and manage time effectively to meet and exceed deadlines
Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills
Strong knowledge of cryptographic standards and algorithms such as AES, SHA, DES; PKCS standard
Ability and experience to design and implement data protection for applications at various levels: application level, data/database level, file level for a variety of platforms [java, .net, c/c++], operating systems [linux, windows] and databases [oracle]
Results Focused: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and consistently delivers results that meet or exceed expectations.
Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks shares and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, freely provides needed information, proactively supports other team members, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere, builds relationships across the organization.
Problem Solving/Analysis: Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top