Digital Media Engineer
Be part of a team of engineers responsible for the support, configuration, maintenance and design of postproduction systems at various Discovery Production facilities. This position helps to support and architect many of Discovery’s highest priority and newest technical initiatives.
1. Evaluate new technologies and make informed recommendations regarding equipment and software.
2. Lead projects while communicating with various operational and engineering groups.
3. Knowledge of video and audio codecs and frame rates including compression and transcoding solutions.
4. Troubleshoot hardware and software problems including and performing maintenance.
5. Troubleshoot network and remote access connectivity problems.
6. Provide support to all end-users as needed and resolve support requests.
7. Write detailed engineering SOP’s regarding various operations and maintenance of computer systems.
8. Travel may be required.
9. Other job duties, responsibilities, and project assignments as assigned.
Motivated individual with knowledge and interest in troubleshooting and maintaining file based workflows.
Ability to troubleshoot Mac and PC software and hardware problems, including Windows, Linux and MAC operating systems and applications, drivers, workstations, servers, and peripherals.
Knowledge of switches, networking and networking architectures.
Ability to work independently and with other members of a team and follow through on support requests in a timely manner, escalating to other members of the team when appropriate.
Ability to perform well in a high-pressure environment and prioritize multiple tasks.
Proven oral and written communication skills.
Ability to provide on-call/remote support on a rotating schedule outside of regular business hours, as needed.
Ability to lift heavy equipment as needed (50 lbs).
This position is considered an essential position. During times of inclement weather, emergencies, or when access to the workplace may be impeded the employee must work with management to make arrangements to report to work safely.
Experience in post-production, broadcast, of media industry environments.
Experience with A+, Net+, CCNA, MCSE, Microsoft Office.
Knowledge of accelerated media file transfer protocols such as Signiant and Aspera.
Knowledge of log aggregations tools such as Solarwinds or Splunk.
Understanding of AWS architectures and methodologies.
Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
Knowledge of Adobe Premier, After Effects, Avid Media Composer, Symphony, & ProToo ls.
Previous work with media asset management systems (MAM), virtual machines (VM), and server administration.
Must have legal right to work in the United States.
Back to top