Digital Ad Tech Operations - Specialist
The Digital Ad Operations Specialist role at Discovery Communications is a great opportunity to be part of an innovative team responsible for supporting technical ad integration in a fast moving environment. Our content offerings include the flagship networks of Discovery Channel, TLC, and Animal Planet, as well as many other premium cable television and digital pure play properties across multiple distribution platforms (web/mobile/apps/OTT).
The energetic pace of our industry offers many exciting opportunities for growth and development. This position is responsible for QA on new product launches and richer media creative assets to ensure the best possible user experience for our consumers while satisfying the goals of our advertising clients.
1. QA ad functionality for Discovery Networks websites, apps, and other content distribution platforms.
2. Follow and uphold advertising operations processes and conventions.
3. Test rich media creative to verify functionality and compliance with specifications. Assess targeting and technical integration needs prior to flight. Integrate campaign tracking components.
4. Conduct ad testing for site redesigns, migrations, and new product launches on desktop and mobile platforms. Report and track issues and follow through to resolution. Work creatively with development teams to find innovative solutions.
5. Certify new rich media vendors to ensure that ads function as expected on all properties. Work with 3rd party vendors to investigate and correct issues.
6. Transcode video files into a variety of formats as necessary for advertising flights.
7. Write and maintain technical documentation and reference materials regarding Ad Ops processes. Assist others on the Ad Ops team with troubleshooting issues.
8. Partner with Ad Ops management, sales, agencies, development, product, and marketing teams to resolve ad issues and optimize campaign performance based on client goals.
Minimum 2 years experience in digital ad operations
Deep understanding of web architecture and digital advertising processes
Expertise working with the leading digital ad servers (Freewheel a plus)
Knowledge of digital media ad technologies (HTML5, Flash, 3rd party ad tags, etc.)
Experience using debugging tools such as Charles
Excellent attention to detail
Strong quantitative analysis and creative problem solving skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Able to multitask in a deadline driven environment
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Back to top