Digital Account Manager
The Branded Content Account Manager will be charged with bringing our award-winning original digital content to life for advertising, distribution and original content clients. The Account Manger will be responsible for implementing large-scale content and media campaigns post-sale, focusing on program implementation, campaign performance optimization, and client partnership with the ultimate goal of securing renewal of the partnerships. The ideal candidate will be an expert at balancing multiple internal teams and will be highly skilled in a collaborative approach to drive results, partnering with editorial, social, production and talent teams. The role requires innovating thinking, impeccable communication skills and a thorough understanding of integrated marketing project management. The ability to manage multiple projects at once and excellence in communication across various stakeholders within the organization is crucial.
This position is located in San Francisco, CA.
Led by Seeker & SourceFed Studios, Discovery Digital Networks (DDN) connects with millennial audiences through daily shows, weekly series, premium web-docs & live online events. From massive digital distributors, to emerging social platforms and ground-breaking VR content, our programming already dives deep into the future of media. DDN content has made waves across the digital media industry, claiming numerous awards from the Webbys, Shortys, Streamys and many more. With over 300 million monthly views, top online personalities and a growing roster of shows and affiliates, DDN is reaching young, influential audiences around the world, on their terms. Discovery Digital Networks is part of Discovery Communications, the leader in global entertainment.
1. Partner with business development, pre-sale campaign managers, production, social and talent teams to understand and deliver against all sold campaigns
2. Coordinate the activities of various groups throughout the organization in an effort to deliver the best campaign for the advertiser and the company. Campaign management includes but is not limited to legal agreements, payment/billing, production check-ins, media delivery, social activation and event hosting
3. Serve as the client voice for internal teams, and serve as the editorial voice for clients. Strike a balance between meeting client’s branding needs while ensuring compelling editorial content that will resonate with digital audiences is being delivered
4. Manage ongoing client communications, partnering with internal teams to manage client feedback and effectively resolve campaign challenges
5. Host internal and external campaign kickoff calls and recurring weekly campaign status calls to ensure all elements of the campaign are on track to deliver in full
6. Partner with editorial, branded production, social, pricing, ad ops and research/insights teams to optimize performance of campaigns to surpass client expectations;
7. Develop and present client recap wrap deck & sizzle
8. Partner with business development to drive renewal ideation & conversations
9. Build and maintains strong cross-functional relationships and collaborate strategically and creatively across sales, ad operations, marketing, product development and editorial programming
10. Occasionally join clients on field productions; manage client needs on-site
3-5 years’ experience in digital account management (media owner, agency or client side)
Strong working knowledge of online advertising industry; deep understanding of digital media sales cycle
Ability to manage expectations of internal and external customers; ability to effectively rally internal teams around common goal on behalf of client/campaigns
Outstanding communication & presentation skills; able to convey digital strategies, concepts and media elements in an influential manner in both written and verbal forms
Strong ability to manage & prioritize workload, analyze situations, develop strategic & creative solutions, and tell compelling client-oriented stories
Resourceful, highly-dependable and efficient, with a can-do attitude that thrives in a high energy, multi-tasking entrepreneurial environment
Professionalism, exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and employees
Proficiency with MS Office (Powerpoint, Excel), web-based presentation systems (Custom Show), knowledge of Photoshop a plus
Excellent time management, attention to detail and strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with defined time lines
Proficiency with syndicated research tools: Comscore, quantcast, Google & YouTube analytics and familiarity with campaign performance tracking tools; ability to spot trends and optimize campaigns accordingly
Deep understanding of web video, online advertising, the agency/client/publisher relationship, and the evolving digital, video and social space.
Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top