Work with East Coast Development team to coordinate the overall development process for network and function to meet business initiatives, standards for quality, value and innovation.
1. Work closely with internal programming staff, internal DCI representatives across various departments and external production companies.
2. Assist with the overall development process throughout the entire creative and production cycle.
3. Assist Sr. Directors with scheduling of meetings, phone logs, travel and expense reports and filing. Assist Managers of Development with maintenance of E-Submissions, Submissions Database input and project pass letters.
4. Liaise with outside production companies as necessary to set up meetings and create agendas and schedules for programming markets.
5. Create agendas for editorial and Development meetings.
6. Candidate will be responsible for Organize, track and maintain detailed records of all progress. Category and content research. Support Development staff with presentation projects as needed. Participate and strategize with teams on new categories for future opportunities.
7. Departmental administrative work including travel, reports.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience is needed.
A minimum of two years experience in general entertainment, non-fiction genres and/or documentary television are needed.
Knowledge of all aspects of production and post-production is a plus.
Must have editorial judgment and strong verbal & written communication skills.
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top