CX Marketing Coordinator
Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
The Marketing Coordinator, Customer Experience (CXMC) is responsible for providing marketing support for the Customer Experience teams to achieve retention, loyalty and renewal revenue goals. The CXMC will support the CX marketing team in implementing marketing strategies, targeted communications and merchandising initiatives across our partner district(s) in order to:
• drive usage of Discovery Education services,
• build wider awareness for our Customer Success services,
• grow Community participation in programs and initiatives,
• increase the uptake of Professional Development, and
• drive toward renewal revenue goals.
The CXMC will work with the Senior Manager Customer Experience Marketing to quantify the impact of the marketing activities in achievement of these goals.
Usage Stimulation and Customer Communication Strategies
1. Work with Senior Manager to execute multi-channel usage stimulation campaigns to embed Discovery Education services across our partner district(s)
2. Be responsible for keeping various marketing channels up-to-date with current timely content, events, or usage campaign promotions.
3. Build and executive email campaign using Salesforce Marketing Cloud
4. Create, and maintain various customer experience web pages
5. Drive increased awareness of timely content and CX events through social media
6. Work with Senior Manager to develop and execute a relationship-building customer communication strategy based on user profiles and data
7. Create marketing toolkits that aide key district stakeholders in taking them through their Discovery Education journey, including but not limited to onboarding, usage stim, retention, and loyalty programs
Product and Service Marketing Management
8. Create and adapt marketing materials as needed to support Customer Experience use cases for Community, Professional Development, Implementation, and Customer Support teams
9. Act as brand ambassador for customer experience marketing support materials
10. Create marketing templates and self-serve toolkits for high-use materials for internal teams
11. Support the Senior Manager in creating and adapt “self-service” onboarding tools for partner districts and educators
12. Work with Customer Experience teams to identify opportunities for merchandising the Discovery Education story in local markets. Develop localized marketing communications, merchandising materials and public relations opportunities that highlight partner success/benchmarking metrics
Systems, Data and Process Management
13. Ensure all marketing activity is tracked as appropriate to ensure reporting on activity and impact on customer usage
14. Support Senior Manager in using Google Analytics and other best practice tools to analyze usage and provide recommendations for usage stimulation campaigns and product development
15. Support Senior Manager to ensure customer touchpoints and communications are targeted, timely and relevant in order to avoid email exhaustion
16. Execute campaigns through Salesforce; track, report, and share results; test, learn, and apply insight to optimize usage stimulation metrics
17. Develop and distribute regular campaign reports to merchandise internally and to district customers, highlighting results, and key achievements.
National and Regional Post-Sale Events
18. Support Events Specialist, as required, to execute on contracted partner events for Implementation and Professional Development programs, providing logistical and marketing support as needed
19. Support Events Specialist in creation of event materials to ensure consistent use of templates and brand messaging.
20. Provide on-site logistical support, if needed, to support event set-up, execution and breakdown.
21. Provide marketing support as needed for events such as Virtual Field Trips or CEP/Network driven events
B.A. or B.S. in Marketing or Communications
Experience working with K-12 Ed Tech company a plus
Ability to manage multiple projects, solving problems quickly and confidently
Excellent writing, copywriting, and editing skills
Ability to follow style and brand guides to create original collateral and marketing materials
Ability to manipulate data in Excel and understand trends
Experience in the working with printers and online fulfillment centers
Experience with Photo Shop (or other relevant design programs)
Experience with HTML and CSS a plus
Experience with CRM, email marketing, and event management tools a plus
Attention to detail and the ability to manage a diverse workload
Ability to work as a team and in a fast-paced environment
Candidate must be willing to travel approximately 30% with seasonal variations
Must have the legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top