Creative Director-Global LBE
Discovery Communications Location Based Entertainment develops best-in-class, consumer-facing entertainment experiences that help build and sustain lasting franchises while immersing our audiences worldwide, year-round, and for years to come in our extraordinary brands. In concert with the SVP, LBE, the Creative Director is responsibilities include managing the creative aspect of projects from helping to define a creative vision; create any LBE style guides as needed, and will be responsible for all approvals of LBE projects and marketing materials from a branding standpoint of potential projects (working alongside master planners and LBE design firms) concept to completion, translating objectives into creative strategies. The creative director oversees the development of renderings as per the needs of a given project and make sure all execution of the deal is on brand with Discovery’s Brand requirements. The candidate also art directs visual designs when appropriate and is responsible for recruiting and managing third party design, graphic artists, illustrators and other necessary creative professionals as warranted by the particular needs of a given project.
1. Bring conceptual strategies to life by directing guides, renderings, illustrations, architecture, and typography that translate ideas into real world experiences.
2. Oversee and directs the execution of all applicable project elements to ensure guest experience intent and overall quality.
3. Direct all creative aspects of assigned project that affect guest experience.
4. Act as “vision-keeper” for internal and external partners. Communicates, inspires, and maintains project intent among all team-members. Drives the story for the project and evolves as necessary to maintain the creative intent and deliver the intended experience.
5. Work closely with the Director, Location Based Entertainment to translate brand promise into compelling experiences that meet Discovery’s expectations and drive revenue.
6. Work closely with internal and external partners to develop immersive environments that extend past the Discovery brand.
7. Design branding materials, marketing materials, promotions and style guides.
8. Develop and maintain compatible working relationships with client and agency partners, as well as manage internal and external stakeholders to ensure cohesive product strategy and execution.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Ten plus years as total professional design experience with an understanding of and experience with design for location based entertainment.
Seven years entertainment industry experience.
Training in and/or a demonstrable understanding of the basic principles of art including perspective, lighting, balance, and color relationships.
Strong leader who is a customer-obsessed, inspiring, and capable of forging strong cross-team partnerships with other business leaders and executives.
Strong executive presence with excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
Experience setting creative direction and design aesthetic, and defining durable mechanisms to enforce high standards for design excellence.
Excellent creative development skills with a history that includes the invention of brand design language, as well as line extensions and brand evolution.
Ability to consistently generate and execute new ideas.
Ability to direct the design of others (both internal staff, and external partners and creative agencies).
Proven track record that includes: people and vendor management, timeline management, product & content development, negotiating skills and budget management.
Strong interpersonal communication skills to manage both internal and external resources and work in a collaborative cross-functional team.
Expert knowledge of design software including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
Exceptional attention to detail.
Ability to work with highly technical teams and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Able to travel domestically and internationally.
Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top