Corporate Relations Director
Discovery Communications satisfies curiosity and engages superfans with a portfolio of premium nonfiction, sports and kids programming brands, reaching 3 billion cumulative viewers across pay-TV and free-to-air platforms in more than 220 countries and territories.
With a seat at the table for key business units, the Corporate Communications team provides support from strategy to execution in communications, corporate engagement, corporate relations and social media across the company, including the Office of the CEO, Ad Sales, Consumer Products, Discovery Digital Networks, Domestic Distribution, Finance, Human Resources, Global Talent Management & Operations, Legal and more.
Support and enhance Discovery’s overall business objectives as part of the overall Corporate Communications department. Discovery Communications is looking for an experienced Corporate Relations Director to join the New York City team. This position supports the offices of the CEO and other senior executives in managing special projects and developing and strengthening corporate client relationships.
1. Manage special projects for CEO and other C-Suite executives (speaking engagements, awards and benefits, conferences, meetings, client dinners)
2. Oversee corporate sponsorships on behalf of Discovery Communications & CEO, liaising with various organizations on fundraising support, event logistics of galas/fundraisers, attendee management and special Discovery enhancements.
3. Manage awards and benefits on behalf of Discovery Communications & CEO
4. Manage logistics for Sr. Executives VIP speaking events/conferences
5. Manage logistics for Board of Director Retreats and Senior Executives Annual Offsite
6. Manage Corporate Relations budget: Deliver events/projects on time and within budget, negotiating fees where appropriate and tracking costs from start to finish
7. Corporate Relations: Help to communicate and maintain brand messaging through events that reflect the company’s ethos and strategy
8. Perform ad-hoc responsibilities and participate on special projects as required/needed
Bachelor’s degree required
7-10 years of project management experience preferred
Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Excellent communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills are essential for this highly collaborative position.
Excellent attention to detail with strong analytical and organizational skills.
Ability to exercise strong business judgment including budget management.
Ability to effectively work on multiple projects at one time and proven ability to work under tight deadlines
Must have attention to detail, experience and proven ability to juggle multiple priorities
Ability to work collaboratively and in a positive manner with colleagues across business units
Strong computer skills, including proficiency in database applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) are needed
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top