Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Discovery Education Contract Management Agreement Generation Team while working closely with the Vice President, Contract Management to develop and oversee quality control procedures, accuracy of data and efficiencies of workflow in an effort to ensure contracts are generated and processed to meet department and company objectives. Generate non-standard contracts and assist with standard contracts as needed. Serve as key internal and external liaison between Sales, Compliance, and Legal on Discovery Education contract generation issues and resolutions. Responsible for generating daily, weekly and monthly contract reports for Senior Management and Sales Team.
1. Effectively manage the Discovery Education Contract Management Agreement Generation Team that is responsible for the generation and monitoring of all Discovery Education Contract requests in an effort to meet Regional, Department and Company Goals.
2. Generate non-standard contracts in an accurate and efficient manner.
3. Key Team Lead on the generation and management of all Techbook contracts and processes.
4. Provide assistance with contract and customer issues from both internal and external clients.
5. Generate standard contracts as needed in an accurate and efficient manner.
6. Provide direction and staff development for direct reports in an effort to establish and build productive and positive relationships while maintaining an effective working environment.
7. Generate daily, weekly and monthly high level contract reports for Senior Management and Sales Team.
8. Serve as primary backup support to Vice President, Contract Management and provide assistance as needed to team members to ensure team is working as efficiently as possible.
Candidate must have a 4-year degree in a related field and prior management experience.
Paralegal experience a plus.
Candidate must be extremely detail-oriented, accurate, and innovative, multi- tasks oriented and meet very tight deadlines. Candidate must also demonstrate excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal, organizational, and customer service attitude skills.
Must possess a high level of self-motivation, commitment and demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe and have good data management skills.
Must have legal right to work in the United States.
Back to top