Contract Administrator - Education
Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
The incumbent will generate and administer the processing of Discovery Education Contracts and paperwork from requisition to execution. This includes, but is not limited to generating agreements, reviewing and processing daily faxes, processing documents via DocuSign, entering and maintaining data in Discovery Education databases, as well as running quality control reports. This role serves as the key contact for Sales Team on contract requests and processing.
1. Generate agreements in partnership with the Sales Team with accuracy and efficiency from opportunities in the Discovery Education Database
2. Review and identify key requirements on contracts, amendments, customer forms and purchase orders received via faxcom and/or mail in an effort to accurately and efficiently process the documents thru the entire life cycle and work with Sales Team on resolving any issues
3. Scan, copy, file and distribute executed agreements to customer and appropriate business and legal units
4. This role is responsible for ensuring all data in the Discovery Education Database is in compliance with Legal and Finance requirements before generating agreements and/or processing to In Verification Team
5. Generate regular workflow reporting for contract data in Discovery Education Database or DocuSign to track agreement flow, help manage backlogs, maintain the highest level of quality control and ensure process efficiencies
6. Serve as backup support and provide assistance as needed to other team members to ensure team is working as efficiently as possible
7. Perform other related duties or projects as assigned
Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years contract management or operations experience required
Strong Data entry and customer service experience
Strong computer skills, including database management and proficiency in Word, Excel, Lotus Notes and PC and Web enabled computer applications such as Microsoft Office and electronic document filing systems
Excellent organizational, time management, and analytical skills
This candidate can proactively identify, prioritize, and manage important issues and be exceptionally attentive to detail
Candidate must be flexible and be able to handle changing priorities, tight deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously
Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively and cooperatively with both internal and external clients
Excellent problem-solving and communication skills, and a proven ability to work well under pressure with little direct supervision
Strong project management skills
The legal right to work in the United States
* Paralegal experience a plus
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top