As Discovery Communications’ portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery’s growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
The Citrix Team at Discovery is responsible for the design, administration and support of all Discovery Communications Citrix infrastructure, on-prem and in the cloud.
This Server Administrator Citrix/Windows position will primarily focus on the global Citrix infrastructure supporting a 7000 user base.
1. Architect and implement design improvements to the XenApp environment as newer versions are released
2. Architect and support of the XenDesktop environment to support Remote users and BYOD initiatives.
3. Deploy and update applications on a regular basis to be deployed to the environment while maintaining a single image to support. Configure applications to customer specifications.
4. Help customers to clearly define requirements to have applications added to the Citrix environment efficiently.
5. Support onboarding new divisions by designing and setting up additional Citrix environments to support new applications
6. Support and perform upgrades to the Citrix Storefronts and NetScaler CAGs globally
7. Effectively support all Discovery Citrix and Windows infrastructure 24*7 by maintaining the Citrix environments at appropriate patch level, responding to and resolving all trouble tickets within the stipulated SLA time
8. Clearly understand the root cause of all the outages and take remediation steps to prevent the recurrence of the problem
9. Provide training and documentation to Tier1 and 2 personnel so they can provide better support to our user community.
10. Write documentation for both internal and external consumers, covering design, code, and fixes
System support/implementation experience in Citrix (6.5 and 7.7) and Windows technologies with 247 operational experience
Demonstrate experience in the following Citrix technologies: Citrix XenApp, PVS, MCS, and Citrix Storefront.
Good working knowledge of Citrix printing, Citrix Receiver, application deployment, application integration and problem resolution
Good working knowledge of administering Windows 2008 R2 / Windows 2012 systems and Windows Active Directory and Group Policy are advantageous.
Highly desired to have good scripting knowledge in PowerShell
NetScaler, VMWare, and AWS experience is desirable
Able to prioritize tasks and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
Strong and consistent customer service and communication skills
Willingness to work a flexible schedule and participate in on-call duties
Strong team member with self-motivation and desires to improve the infrastructure
Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills
Ability to work on multiple projects at one time and to ensure that overall priorities are being met
Strong presentation and communication skills, ability to interface with internal and external groups
Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to articulate issues and solutions
Bachelor degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training and expertise.
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top