Campaign Optimization & Insights Manager
The Campaign Optimization & Insights Manager for Digital Ad Sales needs to be a proven social media, website, and digital video professional that can drive results against defined metrics, tied to revenue campaigns, and set a standard of best practices and insights for the commercial creative teams to further drive revenue. This role will require an individual who will boldly take risks to drive growth through creativity, data-driven insights, optimization, user experience recommendations, and iteration in a frequently changing environment for over +50 branded content campaigns in a calendar year.
The Campaign Optimization & Insights Manager will frequently partner and collaborate with the Sales and Branded Production (DCG & Solutions) teams to provide strategic guidance, identify opportunities, and solve problems across all existing and emerging digital platforms. This role will support the entire digital sales creative process, from audience insights that guide the creative ideas for each RFP (+120 per year), production guidance on what copy, keywords, and user experience resonate with the target demographic and the various digital distribution channels, as well A/B testing, optimization, and ultimately, end of campaign reports with positive stories to maximize renewals of deals through our ad sales teams.
1. Position DLA/USH digital commercial opportunities as a good fit for advertisers’ campaigns at the conceptual level of creativity of branded content, by providing audience insights at the RFP level that closely relate to advertisers’ objectives
2. Help define and implement digital growth strategy for campaigns, that utilizes all levers including content marketing, design, analytics, optimization/testing, paid media, reporting, and distribution partnerships for ad sales campaigns
3. Utilize a balance of instinct and analytics to optimize strategies for audience growth for ad sales campaigns
4. Be a multi-platform expert, staying current with product updates, across YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TVE/VOD, websites, Search, and emerging platforms
5. Work with community managers to optimize content and social publishing tactics to provide the best possible conditions for audience growth around ad sales campaigns, including recommendations on user experience
6. Assist in the development of processes for relentless optimization of existing products, A/B testing, and experimentation for ad sales campaigns
7. Drive the development of cross-promotional programs with internal and liaise with clients on external social pages, sites, influencers, and publishers to drive awareness of ad sales campaigns
8. Provide regular reporting based on KPIs and engagement metrics to measure growth and inform ongoing strategy shifts to creative and sales teams in the region for ad sales campaigns
9. Execute against key performance indicators by constantly adjusting weekly tactics with an eye toward long term goals for ad sales campaigns
10. Work with TV Research teams to find cross-platform success stories for ad sales campaigns, including Social TV
11. Have a keen focus on a Mobile first approach across distribution channels
12. Put together end of campaign presentations for each ad sales campaign that detail original objectives, optimizations performed along the way, and end results, finding positive stories that will help yield renewals
3-4 years of experience in digital optimization at an agency or digital native company
Strong knowledge of Comscore, Google & YouTube Analytics, Facebook/Instagram Insights, Tubular Labs, Twitter Analytics, and ability to self-train on any other measurement platform that may be added to our portfolio.
Experience involving strategies around video optimization and YouTube
Ability to balance big-picture thinking with strong attention to detail
Must be a driven and curious self-starter who can identify areas for improvement
Strong analytic and critical thinking skills, ability to interpret data to make decisions
Proven experience leading successful social campaigns and reporting on social metrics
Excellent at Excel, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint or Keynote.
Must be extremely organized, and able to time manage by ruthless prioritization
Must have legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top