Business & Legal Affairs INternship - Spring 2017
Calling all Curiosity Seekers:
The Discovery INternship Program is on a mission to find the most ambitious, most creative, and most passionate students to #GetDiscovered and become a #DiscoveryINtern.
Through the Discovery INternship Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to learn about the entertainment and media industry from the leader in global entertainment through a paid 12-week internship.
Here’s what we offer:
- Getting your hands dirty with real work and project experiences
- Mentorship from Discovery’s best and brightest
- INtern Speaker Series with executives and employees across the business
- Networking opportunities usually with great snacks
- A creative, collaborative company culture with office spaces to match
- Oh, and lots of swag
Here’s what you’ll take away:
- Skills you didn’t know you had
- The inside scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the camera
- Relationships that will go beyond your college career
- Real life experiences that will prepare you for your next adventure
- Did we mention swag? Lots of it.
Here are the details:
- This spring, our 12 week semester will be held from January 30th 2017 through April 21st 2017.
- Our INternships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required, however we will provide documentation if necessary.
- The application deadline is November 15th. After this date we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
- Is a cover letter required? Nope! Please show us your passion for the position through your resume and preliminary questions we ask.
Interviewing will take place from October through December. A Discovery INtern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position.
Discovery Communications is a family of 13 stellar U.S. networks including Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, Science Channel, Discovery Family Channel, American Heroes Chanel, Velocity, Destination America and Discovery Life Channel and two Hispanic brands in the U.S.—Discovery en Español and Discovery Familia. Extending across platforms, Seeker and SourceFed Studios continues Discovery Communications’ tradition of storytelling digitally. What we do digitally and on TV, Discovery Education does in classrooms by delivering high-quality, engaging content that transforms, empowers educators and captivates students.
Are you IN?
Our Business & Legal Affairs team gets their hands on a number of important matters for Discovery; from production programming and Joint Venture deals to contract negotiations to dealing with network talent.
As a Business Affairs & Legal INtern, some of the awesome things you could work on include:
• Gain exposure to corporate contracts and programming agreements
• Conduct legal research in relation to the Media Industry
• Firsthand experience with negotiations
Must be currently enrolled as a full time student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a rising Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Some position may require student to be pursuing a JD
If you do not meet the requirements stated above, please do not submit your resume.
Thanks for your interest in Discovery’s INternship program! We look forward to reviewing your submission.
Back to top