Business Growth Lead
The Business Growth Lead will assist in strategic growth planning and operations, data analysis and presentations, and collaborating with team members on impactful execution.
Led by Seeker & SourceFed Studios and its Discovery VR app, Discovery Digital Networks (DDN) connects with millennial audiences through daily and weekly shows, web-docs, live online events, and premium VR content. From massive digital distributors, to emerging social platforms and ground-breaking VR content, our programming already dives deep into the future of media. DDN content has made waves across the digital media industry, claiming numerous awards from the Webbys, Shortys, Streamys and many more. With over 300 million monthly views, top online personalities and a growing roster of shows and affiliates, DDN is reaching young, influential audiences around the world, on their terms. Discovery Digital Networks is part of Discovery Communications, the leader in global entertainment.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and a 401k matching plan, in addition to other perks. Join our collaborative, fun, and creative work environment!
This position is located in San Francisco, CA.
- Create strategic data analysis and visualizations to present to senior executives
- Analyze opportunities and partnerships with external partners, especially in new business areas
- Develop business plans and ROI models with Discovery leadership
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify business growth opportunities
- Drive the collection and cleansing of existing, unstructured and emerging data, both internal and third party, and the refinement of existing data sources
- Distill complex, multidimensional problems into actionable forward-looking solutions to all levels of the organization
- Research, analyze and report on changing audience behaviors & market trends, including proprietary field research
- Serve as a data architect: ability to work across many different functional units as well as external clients so reports and analytics receive maximum impact
- Partner with department and functional leads in continuing to develop proficiency in interpreting and acting on quantitative metrics to improve strategic and organizational performance
- Assist in business annual planning and forecasting with a focus on revenue driving metrics, KPIs, OKRs
- Manage preparation of pro-forma business modeling for new business development, large partnership deals, opportunity sizings, competitive analyses, and new business acquisitions
- Four-year degree from top tier university in Statistics, Organizational Management, Economics, Applied Math, or Industrial Engineering, MBA preferred
- Management Consulting, Private Equity or Investment Banking background preferred
- Demonstrated record of high academic and personal achievement
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with team members on growth execution from insights
- 4-8 years experience
- Have excellent skills in problem-solving, research and resolution, data analysis and multi-tasking
Are able to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
Have a positive and professional attitude and are reliable
High passion or past experience with television, media, and/or technology
Are goal and action-oriented with the ability and desire to work towards aspirational goals
Are forward-thinking and solutions-oriented
Have a high level of initiative and self-motivation
Love a good challenge and are excited about going outside of your comfort zone
Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top