Brand Solutions Project Manager
The Brand Solutions Project Manager will be charged with bringing our award-winning original digital content to life for advertising, distribution and original content clients. Partnering with the business development directors, the project manager will be responsible for crafting large-scale content and media pitches that position Discovery’s brands and capabilities clearly to potential clients. The ideal candidate will be an expert at balancing compelling storytelling with valuable, sellable offerings. The role requires innovating thinking, impeccable communication skills and a thorough understanding of ideation, packaging, pitching and effective project management tied to the digital deal integrated marketing deals.
This position could be based in Los Angeles or San Francisco.
About Discovery Digital Networks: Discovery Digital Networks is made up of Seeker and SourceFed Studios. With over 300 million monthly views, DDN is reaching young, influential audiences around the world through daily programming, weekly series, premium web-docs & live online events. Discovery Digital Networks is part of Discovery Communications, the world’s number one non-fiction media company.
1. Partner with Business Development Director to craft comprehensive pitch opportunities spanning original content, sponsored content, digital media, social amplification, distribution, licensing and on-air partnerships
2. Collaborate with branded content and talent teams to craft content pitches and production quotes, and with social pricing teams to establish deal size, media reach and guaranteed impressions
3. Direct creative services team for pitch assets including pitch videos, custom presentations, case studies, marketing materials and mocks
4. Employ creative storytelling through competitive research, audience data and consumer insights
5. Seamlessly transition opportunities to post-sale account lead
6. Planning functions include media plan building, confirming inventory and performance, securing client assets and agency/client communication
5 years’ experience in digital advertising and marketing (media owner, agency or client side) with strong emphasis on online video and social platforms. Broadcast experience a plus
Self-starter who possesses the ability to craft high-quality creative solutions Outstanding communication & presentation skills; able to convey digital strategies in an influential manner in both written and verbal forms
Strong ability to manage & prioritize workload, analyze situations, develop strategic & creative solutions, and tell compelling sales-oriented stories
Resourceful, highly-dependable and efficient, with a can-do attitude that thrives in a high energy, multi-tasking entrepreneurial environment
Professionalism; ability to interact cross-functionally and with executive level contacts
Proficiency with MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel), web-based presentation systems (Custom Show), knowledge of Photoshop a plus
Excellent time management, attention to detail and organizational skills
Proficiency with syndicated research tools: Comscore, quantcast, Google & YouTube analytics, etc. a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top