Associate Art Director
Core to the Branded Content team, the Associate Art Director will be charged with bringing our award-winning original digital content to life for leading brands. The role will work closely with the business development, branded content and senior management teams to develop and implement artwork for all client-facing creative materials. The ideal candidate brings impeccable brand and design sense, strong conceptual thinking, familiarity with the advertising industry, self-sufficiency, strong collaboration and communication skills, and the ability to adapt to changing show styles, schedules and feedback.
This position is located in San Francisco, CA.
Led by Seeker & SourceFed Studios, Discovery Digital Networks (DDN) connects with millennial audiences through daily shows, weekly series, premium web-docs & live online events. From massive digital distributors, to emerging social platforms and ground-breaking VR content, our programming already dives deep into the future of media. DDN content has made waves across the digital media industry, claiming numerous awards from the Webbys, Shortys, Streamys and many more. With over 300 million monthly views, top online personalities and a growing roster of shows and affiliates, DDN is reaching young, influential audiences around the world, on their terms. Discovery Digital Networks is part of Discovery Communications, the leader in global entertainment.
1. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to produce visually stunning design assets including custom presentations, business development pitches, motion graphics, mock-ups, template slides, campaign case studies, title treatments, promotional materials and sales marketing collateral with the goal of developing creative that drives new business and shapes Seeker & Sourcefed brand identity among prospective clients
2. Effectively communicate key ideas and messages through visually compelling imagery, infographics and layouts; Focus on highly customizable and configurable templates that are optimized to be easy to understand, share, print and distribute
3. Establish and distribute a branded content style guide / look book that equips internal teams with direction needed to ensure consistent brand standards across all messaging
4. Organize and catalog visual assets for easy internal reference
Four-year degree in graphic design, advertising design, communications arts, or a related field
5+ years in graphic design with a focus on advertising, brand marketing and entertainment
Profiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver), Microsoft PowerPoint and cloud-based presentation tools such as Custom Show
Self-starter who possesses the ability to craft high-quality original concepts with little direction
Problem-solver with an ability to tackle design challenges creatively, working both independently and collaboratively
Professionalism; ability to interact cross-functionally and with executive level contacts
Excellent time management and organizational skills; Ability to multi-task, prioritize, effectively handle high-profile requests with multiple review cycle
Resourceful, can-do attitude that thrives in a high energy, multi-tasking entrepreneurial environment
Highly organized with working knowledge of version control, file management, and file naming best practices
Applicants must provide a link to examples of recent work
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top