Assistant Supervising Editor
About Our Team & Job Summary:
The Assistant Supervising Editor position is a supporting role for Supervising Editors as well as all other Editors in the facility. This includes assistance with any and all aspects of the day to day operations of the MTP&O Edit department in the Production Center in Silver Spring. A strong knowledge of Avid non-linear post production video and file work flow is required. The Supervising Assistant Editor will also be responsible for assisting and accommodating file flows and file preparation for all edit sessions when file copying, converting and ingesting is needed.
The goal of this position is to support the Supervising Editors and to become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with Avid systems and functionality, session workflows, file flows and file preparation as they pertain to specific projects and with the DCTC facility as a whole.
1. Assist and develop work-flow strategies for Post Production that help achieve the organization’s goals and objectives.
2. Assist in managing relationships with client groups, strategic vendors, as well as assist in implementing new processes, technologies, and work flows.
3. Serves as a resource for post-production workflows and file based media acquisition.
4. Interfaces with linear operations, international operations, live operations and all other in-house broadcast facilities to assist in address and resolve technical issues in an expedient manner.
5. Be an advanced source of knowledge in the area of post-production, file based workflows, media management and industry trends.
6. Assist in providing training for new staff and freelance editors when needed.
7. May be required to provide an edit report at the end of their shift.
8. Must be punctual and reliable, both in attendance and in meeting deadlines.
9. Work with editors to resolving Mediaflex data entry errors.
10. Provide project and media restores for the editors and IML project coordinators.
11. Assist with prepping file-based media for editors and clients.
12. Have advanced knowledge of all editing workflows to assist with any editing tasks presented.
13. Must display strong professional and customer relations skillsets daily.
14. Other duties as assigned.
3 or more years of technical experience in this industry preferably in an Edit environment.
Proven background in assistant editing, editing and general file-based media management.
Bachelor’s degree in TV/Broadcast, Communications or a related field preferred.
An advanced knowledge of Avid and Premiere Non-Linear Editing systems.
Strong knowledge and skills with 3rd party software such as Adobe Photoshop and After Effects, Boris and GenArt’s Sapphire plug ins.
Display professional ability in high pressure situations.
Must be able to work all shifts if necessary.
This position is considered an essential position. This means that during times of inclement weather, emergencies, or when access to the workplace may be impeded, that employees in this position are expected to report to work to support business continuance, unless otherwise instructed by his/her direct manager.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Back to top