The Agency is Discovery Communications’ In-house multi award winning global advertising, marketing and strategy agency. Overseeing a media spend of $100 m per year our work is seen across the globe in some of the leading publications and broadcasters. We pride ourselves on creating a risk encouraged atmosphere that protects the individual and pushes the work to be the best it can.
The Art Director role requires a conceptual advertising and branding expert with strong design, leadership and client skills to work across our platform of global networks and brands. We’re looking for the new breed of creative – proficient in multiple mediums – from TV to digital, with an insatiable desire to discover new modes of storytelling.
Must have a solid grounding in design and art direction and relish working as part of a team with Writers, Designers, TV production, Art Directors, and Account Service. Will play an integral role supporting the CD in stewarding creative from concept to design through production. Must be very hands-on, produce world-class strategic creative that can compete against rival marketing, advertising and media.
Ability to inspire confidence and trust in clients is critical. Must thrive on pitching and selling ideas. A passion for great creative with knowledge of latest technologies and the evolving world of visual storytelling is essential.
1. Lead brainstorms, concept, comp and present innovative integrated campaigns that garner buy-in from peers and clients while netting measureable results
2. Execute and assist in overseeing advertising, marketing and general creative for numerous clients on any of the Discovery Communications’ portfolio of brands
3. Have in-depth knowledge of print, on-air, photography, online, out-of-home, social and ambient campaign creative and production development
4. Aid in mentoring designers, giving clear direction and feedback
5. Partner and collaborate with account service team to understand our clients’ business and marketing needs
6. Must be a team player, able to work within budgets and tight deadlines on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
7. Creative evolution – stay up to date with branding and advertising in all mediums
6 - 8 years agency/advertising/design experience in related fields of study listed above
360 degree creative experience including TV and print, strong emphasis on digital
On-set experience – directing or assisting shoots for print and/or TV
Strong design sensibility – mastery of design software applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign); animation and motion graphics capabilities a plus
Well-versed in digital design/UI experience/web design (programming background a plus)
Experience managing outside vendors (retouchers, artists, photographers)
Bachelor’s degree or trade school degree in advertising, design or art
Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Back to top