Analyst - Strategic Sales Services
Position supports the Discovery Communications networks and Joint Ventures, Strategic Sales Services’ functions. This position fills both operational and analytical needs of the ad sales organization.
1. Support Ad Sales Management, Line Sales, and Discovery nets by providing deal level reporting as required.
2. Monitor and quality control all data related to the analytical work.
3. Participate as directed with the daily administrative duties for supporting the operation of the Account Budgeting System– acting as a formal back-up for this function. Working with the team to help execute daily, monthly and annual functions / processes – standard account set up and account transfers. Help ensure that all ABS data is maintained in a timely and 100% accurate fashion at all times.
4. Assist in the handling of Deal Year changes and creation of Super deals.
5. Act as formal back up for providing standard weekly detailed liability updates to senior management.
6. Participate as directed with the closing of deals process for the nets when audience guarantees have been satisfied.
7. Lend support during the post analysis process.
8. Involvement with special projects as directed.
9. Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge and relationship with the Sales staff so as to help with all areas.
1-2 years professional experience in an analytical role, preferably within the media industry.
College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Key understanding of television sales process and concepts.
Key understanding of financial concepts.
Highly organized and capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
Must be very detail oriented.
Extensive working knowledge of Excel.
Working knowledge of a BI tool is helpful.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top