Discovery Communications satisfies curiosity and engages superfans with a portfolio of premium nonfiction, sports and kids programming brands, reaching 3 billion cumulative viewers across pay-TV and free-to-air platforms in more than 220 countries and territories.
With a seat at the table for key business units, the Corporate Communications team provides support from strategy to execution in communications, corporate engagement, corporate relations and social media across the company, including the Office of the CEO, Ad Sales, Consumer Products, Discovery Digital Networks, Domestic Distribution, Finance, Human Resources, Global Talent Management & Operations, Legal and more.
Provides high level executive administrative support to VP of Corporate Communications and VP of Corporate Engagement, supporting day to day operations that include rapid response scheduling, travel management, expense reports, sensitive communications, etc. In addition, supports the planning and execution of team projects and acts as liaison to executive offices within and outside of the company, and the rest of the department.
1. Schedule VP’s meetings, maintain and update VP's daily calendars. When VP’s are hosting meetings: arrange presentations, coordinate equipment needs and refreshments, compile and distribute materials (agendas, notes, handouts), etc. Prepares presentations and briefing materials.
2. Answer telephones, screen calls, route callers, take messages, respond to inquiries, and provide routine information within scope of authority.
3. Arrange travel itineraries and prepare travel and expense reports.
4. Provide support for special projects and events: processing payments, composing and completing contracts, some planning and execution.
5. Support external communications in various functions including updating corporate website, accessing corporate inbox, conducting research and composing executive event outlines.
6. Coordinate with internal team, creative agency and marketing teams to execute signage campaigns in multiple offices.
7. Support logistics for cross-departmental/brand incubation group of program publicists and communications teams.
8. Supports internal team events/activations as needed including: room planning, catering, set up, coordination, etc.
9. Serve as backup support and proxy for corporate communications EA’s and team members (such as media monitoring, updating internal signage and intranet).
10. Arrange general office support as needed (sorting mail, ordering offices supplies), etc.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in related field of study.
Superb written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Highly organized. Able to multi-task, respond quickly to requests, prioritize and meet multiple deadlines, and remain calm under pressure.
Customer service and people-oriented. Flexible team player. Proactive with ability to follow-up and follow through on tasks.
Comfortable with new and emerging technologies.
Attentive to details as well as able to see the big picture and think creatively.
Discreet and able to handle confidential information appropriately.
Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Back to top