The Account Representative is responsible for successfully renewing Discovery Education products and services for assigned standard single school accounts representing aggregate annualized revenue between $1.4 and $2.0M. The Account Representative I is responsible for managing the account, maintaining customer relationships and communicating important product updates & company initiatives/events to reinforce value of Discovery Education products and services.
1. Achieve quarterly and annual renewal sales goals.
2. Assist customers in resolving user import and service activation issues, responding to invoicing questions and sole source requests and addressing any other customer concerns that arise.
3. Execute strategies designed to increase usage to ensure retention.
4. Maintain customer relationships and communicate important product updates & company initiatives/events.
5. Attend internal webinars to stay abreast of latest product enhancements.
6. Drive awareness of Discovery Education resources and communicate important product updates and promote company initiatives/regional events to reinforce value of Discovery Education products and services.
7. Pass sales leads on to digital partnership teams as appropriate.
8. Generate standard list price renewal agreements for assigned accounts.
9. Create an organizational strategy to manage volume and ensure timely renewals.
10. Track individual sales progress to goal and communicate workload focus to Sr. Regional Account Manager and team on a regular basis (daily, weekly, etc).
11. Maintain accurate customer database records.
12. Other tasks as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience.
Approximately 1-2 years in customer service and/or sales experience.
Strong interpersonal, presentation, organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
Attention to detail and the ability to manage a volume-based workload.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
Education experience preferred.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
Understanding of sales databases such as Salesforce and Saleslogix
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top