Generate revenue from a targeted list of major linear and digital advertisers for Discovery’s Networks.
1. Develop and maintain client/advertising agency business
Present the full range of programming, audience and sponsorship/marketing opportunities
2. Responsible for the client service aspects/administration of account business, including direct supervision of a Sales Planner and Sales Assistant
3. This position would require strategic development and prospecting for the sale offering
4. Develop Ad Sales presentations
5. Prospect and set up meetings
6. Make high level client and agency calls
7. Interface with network Client and Brand Partnership VPs, Integrated Marketing and other Sales departments
Strong conceptual selling skills and the ability to position these deals against competing national television and digital entities, as well as other advertising vehicles is required
Strong analytical skills and 8-10 years related advertising/sales experience.
Must possess innovation to creatively execute company goals and directions
Some travel necessary
* College degree preferred
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top