Vice President, Application Development Bank/Card
- Riverwoods, IL
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you'll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you'll do meaningful work you're passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Discover Financial Services:
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance around the world. For more information, visit www.discover.com/company
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is focused on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We're all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Technology and People First Approach
Discover has embarked on an exciting technology journey led by a new passionate and energized CIO who is looking to elevate our technology organization to be one of "best in class". Our culture places its people and customers first and embraces a "we succeed together" mentality. With this, we are seeking a variety of results driven executives to continue to drive change across all areas of the technology function.
These leaders will have a strong engineering mindset, a passion for innovation, and the ability to build strong partnerships at all levels across our enterprise. We are looking for individuals to leverage Agile methodology and eliminate redundancies that will allows our teams to strive for excellence. With our expanding technology organization, we are proactively seeking top talent to join our team to help us create an unrivaled customer experience.
In this challenging position the Vice President of Application Development is responsible for understanding Discover's business goals, anticipating business needs, and proactively providing technology solutions as those needs arise.
The role will work with senior stakeholders across Discover' Card and Banking businesses to shape and deliver modern technology offerings. The successful candidate will establish the technology roadmap and execute innovative solutions in order to drive continuous change and growth. In addition, this executive will continue to develop a group of technology teams and leadership talent dedicated to pushing the limits of continuous improvement.
- Develop system solutions that will provide improved scalability to help meet organizational objectives and increase business growth.
- Drive innovation while utilizing emerging technologies and make recommendations on the strategic use of technology to improve the client experience.
- Promote and represent Discover by attending and presenting at technology conferences and forums.
- Effectively inspire and influence teams and partners in delivering technology enabled business solutions with high availability and reliability.
- Working closely with other technology and infrastructure teams to foster an environment of the right tools and practices for application development.
- Work with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
- Develop a culture which empowers high employee engagement and cohesive, collaborative teams across domains and locations.
- Continuously deliver practices to drive optimal efficiency and speed of innovation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Master's Degree strongly preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in Technology with an emphasis on Application Development, Computer Science, Software Development, Programming or related experience.
- 5+ years of people leadership experience.
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices.
- Deep experience in Agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills. Providing verbal and written communication that is outstanding to both direct reports and senior management as well as other stakeholders.
- Flexible and adaptable. Capable of changing direction where required and showing flexibility to meet new demands.
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and lead teams to success.
- Passionate about building a collaborative and innovative culture.
- Strong customer focus and demonstrated ability to meet the demands of our users and customers.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law) . We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
Back to top