Technical Product Owner
- Riverwoods, IL
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you'll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you'll do meaningful work you're passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Currently seeking thoughtful, well-rounded technical software Product Owner to be part of a Digital Engineering department working on the Kafka streaming platform. In this role, the individual will work in a highly technical agile team which handles foundational work for the department utilizing the latest Discover platforms for continuous delivery and cloud development. The individual will be required to foster collaboration and provide thought leadership while contributing to core products for the department. The Product Owner is responsible for writing user stories that align to the product features. They will ensure the pipeline (backlog) stays full and is prioritized.
What You'll Do
- Serve as the conduit to technology through the Agile team.
- Write user stories that align to the product features and ensure the pipeline (backlog) stays full and is prioritized.
- Review and accept user stories, and partner with Product Managers to prepare features and user stories for continual planning cycles.
How You'll Do It
- Provide status updates to the business and management.
- Manage and prioritizes sprint backlogs.
- Empower decisions regarding functionality and priority in the sprint.
- Lead efforts to attain product vision and objectives.
- Develop user stories from prioritized features, identify acceptance criteria for user stories, approve each user story during the sprint, ensure that user stories meet the Definition of Ready (DoR) and are updated in the system.
- Collaborate with Agile teams to follow through on business priorities and visions and deliver customer and business value through product features.
Qualifications You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in business, technology, finance, engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in product owner, business analyst, customer service and relationships, IT, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in product owner, business
Bonus Points If You Have:
- 4+ years of experience in product owner, business analyst, customer service and relationships, IT, or related field
- Keen interest in "X" product
- Extensive knowledge of "Payment Services, including Operational and Technical aspects" (if it's a Payment Services role)
- Experience in defining approach, action plans and oversight of project execution
- Demonstrated leadership in identifying and facilitating resolution of requirement, process and project issues
- Ability to prepare clear and concise communications to internal and external business partners and senior management regarding initiatives, issues and achievements
- Proven leadership to drive cross-functional teams to a consensus and manage groups without direct authority
- Proficiency in Agile methodology, including backlog grooming, interactive engagement with Scrum Master, SMEs and other product owners
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
Back to top