Sr. Corporate Governance Paralegal
- Riverwoods, IL
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you'll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you'll do meaningful work you're passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Provides timely and effective advanced-level legal support to attorneys and clients and will collaborate with other paralegals and members of the Law Department to ensure public company securities compliance and support the Corporate Secretary with respect to preparing for meetings of Discover's Board of Directors. This paralegal will manage complex projects and collaborate effectively across groups, and anticipate and initiate routine legal tasks independently and as requested by attorneys. This role should be comfortable interfacing with the highest levels of management within the company.
- Responsible for leading the internal preparation, coordination and successful execution of DFS Board Meetings. Responsibilities include establishing agendas, facilitating review of agendas, delivery and posting of materials and significant interaction with the Board and senior management on Board related matters
- Prepare and manage execution of written consents and resolutions for a variety of board actions and secretary and incumbency certificates and maintain appropriate records including minute books
- Prepare and draft routine securities filings such as Section 16 filings and 8-K filings
- Manages and leads the Board director education program, including identifying and communicating opportunities to directors and ensuring appropriate reporting to the Board
- Identifies and adopts technology to enhance operation of the Board, including managing the electronic board portal platform for board materials
- Support special corporate governance projects
At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree inBusiness, Finance,or relatedfield
- 4+ years of experience as Corporate Paralegal or relatedfield
If we had our say, we'd also look for:
- 4+ yearsof experience inCorporate Governance and Corporate Board,or relatedfield
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law) . We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
Back to top