Senior Manager Sourcing, Corporate Services
- Scottsdale, AZ
- United States
- Oakland, CA
- Clearwater, FL
- Villa Park, IL
- Sheboygan, WI
- Delaware, OH
- Riverwoods, IL
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you'll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it - we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies.We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
This Senior Manager will be responsible for the sourcing leadership and support of Legal Services, Finance and Insurance as part of Discover's Corporate Services tower. This role will also provide support and mentorship for other categories within Corporate Services tower such as Human Resources and Facilities. Additionally, the individual in this role will have the ability to proactively communicate both horizontally and vertically, thereby developing a strong business relationship with key stakeholders and a comprehensive understanding of business requirements to implement sourcing strategies.
What You'll Do
- Set Discover Financial Services' global strategy assigned category areas.
- Define and implement global sourcing strategies that consolidate and optimize both the supplier base and services, while securing the lowest Total Cost of Ownership and access to the highest levels of service and quality.
- Conduct spend analysis and applicable support of business case development.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders and various functions for category projects involving the selection, negotiation, and acquisition of goods and services.
- Foster a collaborative work environment and support the professional development of those on the team.
How You'll Do It
- Manages the strategic sourcing team tasked with achieving sourcing and category savings targets, policy compliance and vendor lifecycle initiative, developing a collaborative and high performing team through a rigorous focus on staffing and developing top talent.
- Develop sourcing roadmap for designated category to reduce total cost of ownership by leveraging effective negotiation and sourcing strategies.
- Bring strong subject matter expertise on category, including knowledge of cost drivers, supplier strengths and weaknesses, should cost models, sales compensation models, and market trends.
- Develop, foster, and maintain strategic partnerships business partners in the organization as well as with key category suppliers.
- Ensures the activities of the team are in compliance with department and company policies and procedures, and applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Identify and foster leadership behavior in team members though setting an example, mentoring, delegating and directing others. Ensure timely and consistent feedback to team members to reinforce behaviors that drive results and collaboration with business customers and redirect non performing behaviors. Address performance issues promptly to mitigate adverse impact to business customers, department results and reputation across the Company.
Qualifications You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in business, arts, or related field
- 6+ years of experience with strategic sourcing, leading a team and stakeholder management
Bonus Points If You Have
- 2+ years of experience with business process improvement methodology (TQM; Six Sigma; Lean; etc.)
- Project Management or Lean Six Sigma certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
Back to top