- Riverwoods, IL
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you'll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you'll do meaningful work you're passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
About Internal Audit
Discover's Internal Audit (IA) Department has a commitment to provide insightful perspectives, leverage specialized talent, and deliver a refreshing experience to all of our stakeholders. This commitment is met through collaborative, hard-working, highly motivated, and technically skilled professionals who consistently deliver high-quality work in a challenging and fast-paced environment. IA brings a consultative and progressive approach to their work, which is predicated on a culture of enhancing risk management and business outcomes for Discover, actively contributing to the development of its professionals, and embracing a mindset of innovation and continuous improvement. The department of approximately 150 professionals globally is viewed as a critical piece of the risk management framework and is valued as a trusted voice and indispensable partner.
The focus of this role will be on audits and reviews of enforcement actions of Discover Card, Direct Banking, and Consumer Compliance with an objective to ensure management has properly mitigated regulatory findings through their action plans.
What You'll Do
- Use operational, compliance, and technical skills to support DFS Internal Audit Department objectives.
- Following DFS Internal Audit methodology, perform audit reviews, interview clients, review business processes, identify and assess controls, test key controls, develop findings and communicate with clients to develop and follow up on action plans.
How You'll Do It
With minimal oversight from the Lead and Supervisor:
- Leverage experience to execute operational and compliance testing on audits and reviews related to Discover Card, Discover Bank, and Consumer Compliance with an objective to improve controls and efficiencies of the activities reviewed.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships by demonstrating knowledge of the client's business environment, and provide audit insight on the company's strategic initiatives.
- Complete assigned audits/audit tasks using department tools pursuant to department guidelines and within established timetables, with high-quality results. Discusses findings and solutions with client and audit lead.
- Identify and assess risks, design controls, and implement audit methodology.
- Continue to develop your skill set by meeting required training and obtaining advanced degrees and/or certification pursuant to department guidelines.
Qualifications You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in applied sciences, engineering, operations, accounting, finance, business, computer science, data science, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in applied sciences, engineering, operations, accounting, finance, business, computer science, data science, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Effective interpersonal skills
- 1+ years of experience with a leading public accounting or consulting firm, highly regulated environment, payment network and related technology services, or related field
- 3+ years of Financial Services, Banking, or Consumer Compliance related risk management experience
- 3+ years of Consumer Lending, Depository, and Credit Card experience
- Professional certifications, such as CIA, CRCM, CAMS, CPA, CISA, or other relevant certification (can be in the process of achieving certification)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
Back to top