Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you'll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it - we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We're all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Principal Infrastructure Engineer uses a vast repertoire of experience delivering high impact engineering solutions to work intuitively. This Engineer role knows where to look if something breaks and is key in solving challenges quickly. Principal Infrastructure Engineers are skilled in finding new ways to build technical capabilities and influencing the adoption of best practices.
- Developing solutions on GCP
- Understands account structure and establishing guidelines in GCP
- Hands on experience delivering through Agile methodologies
- Leveraging DevOps techniques and practices like CICD, Test automation, Build automation and test driven development to enable the rapid delivery of end user capabilities
- Utilizing programming languages like Java, Spark, Python with an emphasis on tuning, optimization and best practices for development.
- Contributes to product delivery, influenced by strategic direction across Business Technology and enterprise including investment decisions (i.e. build vs buy) across multiple products. Uses automation, system tools, open source solutions, observability and 'security first' principles in daily work
- Contributes to team agile ceremonies, leads demos and presentations, helps new engineers learn established norms
- Bridges desired Business features to BT capabilities and executes ground work in requirement translations and design. Initiates detailed level solution design approaches across multiple domains, and guides team to achieve desired key software delivery capabilities using automated, coded enterprise and observability
- Participates in (internal/external) speaking and advocacy events. Coaches core technology communities and is actively engaged in understanding and researching new technologies
- Researches and adopts new technology solutions and ways to build technical capabilities
- Continues professional education and creates opportunities for broader engineering teams to learn industry best practices
At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
- Bachelors - Computer Science or related
- 6+ Years - (Software) Engineering, DevOps or related
- Internal applicants only: technical proficiency rating of proficient on the Dreyfus engineering scale
Bonus Points If You Have:
- 3+ years' of experience in GCP with a total of 5+ years working in cloud technologies.
External applicants will be required to perform a technical interview.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
All Discover employees place our customers at the very center of our work. To deliver on our promises to our customers, each of us contribute every day to a culture that values compliance and risk management.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.