Principal Data Solutions Architect
- United States
- Providence, RI
- Lincoln, NE
- Richmond, VA
- Minneapolis, MN
- Washington, DC
- Boise, ID
- Albuquerque, NM
- Jackson, MS
- Johnstown, PA
- Hartford, CT
- Montgomery, AL
- Columbia, SC
- Bakersfield, CA
- Manhattan, NY
- Baton Rouge, LA
- Tempe, AZ
- Henderson, NV
- Anchorage, AK
- Quincy, MA
- Broomfield, CO
- Elkridge, MD
- Lutz, FL
- Mission Viejo, CA
- Mansfield, TX
- Burlington, NC
- Union, NJ
- Jackson Hole, WY
- Clive, IA
- Johnson City, TN
- Kentwood, MI
- Villa Park, IL
- Sheboygan, WI
- Canton, GA
- Manhattan, KS
- Richmond, KY
- Rolla, MO
- Muskogee, OK
- Jamestown, ND
- Laconia, NH
- Delaware, OH
- Watertown, SD
- Rutland, VT
- Missoula, MT
- University Place, WA
- Hilo, HI
- Midvale, UT
- Paramus, NJ
- Summersville, WV
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you'll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you'll do meaningful work you're passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Designs and develops solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions.
What You'll Do :
The Enterprise Data Architecture & Strategy team at Discover is looking for an experienced Data Architect to join a diverse team dedicated to data architecture, strategy and logical data modeling. On this team you will collaborate closely with others to understand enterprise requirements and develop and design data architecture.
How You'll Do It
- Communicates with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.
- Provides advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
- Documents design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
- Verifies stability, inter-operability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- Collaborates with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components
- Create reference data architecture for all data across the company
- Document current and target state data flows
- Be a thought leader and share your expertise with an extended team
- Drives optimal reference architecture that efficiently and effectively presents an integrated view of enterprise data for both operational and analytical needs.
- Defines logical concepts such as Operational Data Stores, Data Warehouse, Data Marts and Reporting
- Identifies current and anticipated data movement patterns (batch, real-time, near real-time)
- Documents current state data flows covering interfaces, data stores, transport technologies and the source and destination of data
- Creates target state data flows covering registered interfaces, alignment to reference architecture, alignment to sources of truth, Master data/CRM like solutions across the enterprise
- Promotes reusability with an enterprise view, simplifies architecture landscape
- Covers service-level requirements such as availability, volume of data, response time, and security and privacy.
- Provides guidance to application development areas by applying knowledge of data warehouse design, extract-transform-load (ETL) design and development
- Support the creation and implementation of data strategy and future state architecture
- Provide support for the roll-out of enterprise data modeling, data stewardship, metadata and data quality processes and tools.
Qualifications You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in information technology and Statistics.
- 4+ years of hands-on programming experience, architecting and modernizing to next generation data applications
- In lieu of education, 6+ years hands-on programming experience, architecting next generation data applications
If we had our say, we'd also look for:
- 10+ years of relevant hands-on data architecture experience
- 3+ years of relevant hands-on exposure to building data and analytics solutions on AWS
- 3+ years of ETL architecture experience (Ab Initio or cloud-native tools)
- Experience with variety of databases e.g. Teradata, Oracle, Maria DB, Snowflake
- Expertise with building Master Data Management (MDM) solutions
- Experience building architectural patterns at scale, including thoughtfully-designed data solutions, repeatable data pipelines, and efficient software engineering principles
- Sound understanding of CI/CD, infrastructure engineering and building future ready technology solutions
- Experience with building data warehouses, marts, business intelligence reports and operational systems
- Knowledge of emerging trends in the data space and ability to recommend solutions #LI-BG1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
Back to top