Principal CI/CD Platform Architect
- Frimley, United Kingdom
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you'll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you'll do meaningful work you're passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customersandis consistently awarded for both.We're all about people,and our employees are why Discoverisa great place to work.Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and proactive Principal DevOps / CI CD Platform Architect to join us for the next stage of our journey into Extreme Automation. Your insight and expertise will enable our software delivery teams to drastically reduce software cycle time while increasing quality through automation. Responsible for utilizing your technical expertise and experience in driving design and automation of processes to support the Continuous Delivery of application and services.
- Supports disparate customers in their CI/CD lifecycle
- Utilises programming languages to implement CI/CD features
- Provides senior level technical consulting in design and implementation of CI/CD processes in the form of pipelines for the delivery of software across the enterprise
- Defines and rolls out best practices for CI/CD across the full SDLC
- Defines Enterprise-wide IaC, CICD and DevOps patterns based on industry best practice
- Partners with delivery groups to define roadmaps for CI/CD and curates their development
- Works with product engineering teams to create bespoke DevOps roadmaps
- Drives the migration from physical/virtual servers to a cloud based environment
- Acts as Product Owner for DevOps Tooling solutions
- Defines automated solutions for monitoring and dashboarding
- Works with Systems Architects and Development Leads to ensure software solutions are cloud-ready
- Working with Enterprise infrastructure teams to determine direction of new DevOps tooling and plan rollouts
At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, or relatedfieldor equivalent professional experience in a related technical field i.e. Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Demonstrable years of experience in System Administration, Application Development, Programming languages or related.
If we had our say, we'd also look for:
- 8+ years of experiencein System Administration, Application Development, Programming Languages or related DevOps.
- Togaf certification
- AWS certification
- K8S certification
- Experience working in a highly complex and scaled global technology organization
- Time spent working for an organization in either the financial services or technology space
- Self-motivated, Team motivator and Team player
- Awareness of emerging trends in DevOps Engineering.
- Relevant experience of agile technology teams
- Hands on coding experience with Java or another modern language.
- Exposure to modern software development practices and technology stack (see tech stack list below)
- Possess the judgement to plan and accomplish goals with minimal supervision.
- Clear and effective written and verbal English with the ability to prepare and communicate high level application designs and concepts to management and peers.
Our Tech Stack
- Spring Framework (Boot)
- React, AngularJS, Bootstrap and Tailwind CSS, Redux, React Testing Library, Cypress, Test Café, Cross Browser Testing, Protractor, Storybook, NodeJS, Express, Okta
- Git/GitHub, bitbucket, Nexus
- Junit, Mockito, Assertj, Wiremock, Cucumber
- Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Gradle, Ansible, Terraform, Cloudformation, Groovy
- PCF, OCP, Linux/shellscripting, VMware
- Restful API's and microservice architecture
- MariaDB, Postgres
- Apache Geode (GemFire), Redis
- Apache Storm, Kafka, HBase (Highly Available variant)
- HDFS native API and shell commands
- UNIX/Linux (command line and shell scripting)
- IntelliJ, Eclipse or Spring Tool Suite (STS)
- JSON processing and validation
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
Back to top