Lead Software Engineer - Full Stack
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you'll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it - we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies.We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
Responsible for developing large scale, customer-facing applications. Designs, develops, and integrates systems for Discover's award-winning digital presence by using Agile development methodologies to support existing and new product features.
Come join us in a fast-paced and rewarding position as a developer in the Fraud Models domain within Discover which aims to prevent and detect fraudulent activity on customer accounts. Fraud prevention is one of the more critical applications within Discover.
Responsible for analyzing, modifying, and supporting application software. Ensures quality code is delivered through continuous integration, development, and testing. Performs technical design, coding with test automation, support, and documentation of software application modifications.
You will be successful at Discover if you can:
- Break down a product vision into workable technical solutions to solve business problems
- Build high quality software for large scale and highly available systems
- Actively contribute to the department's developer community to support our transformation journey
- Provide strong technical and team leadership
- Talk about your work with both technical and non-technical team members
- Develop and maintain full stack solutions to fit business needs - full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database and DevOps development.
- Work directly with business partners to understand business requirements. Work independently or with own team to innovate and advocate for best practices within the team.
- Design complex solutions and lead them from inception to production within the Agile team.
- Delivers technology solutions that support business goals. Partners with the product owner to understand business requirements, evaluates features, and translates application specifications into workable technical solutions
- Maintains application software and systems. Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated.
- Oversees and reviews development activities of team members and contractors.
- Supports technical initiatives and provides input into best practices to team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or relevant field
- 6 years of Software Engineering or related experience
- In lieu of degree, 8 years of Software Engineering or related experience
- Relevant hands-on experience with building highly scalable and reliable Java applications
- Experience with Java development on client facing application
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles with an ability to write clean code
- Strong experience working with a relational databaseandNoSQL database
- Strong experience with CI/CDpipelines withJenkins orsimilar;Git/GitHub;Artifactory
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience developing and implementing API service architecture
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres and understanding of columnar data stores such as Redshift or Snowflake
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Build secure web applications with user authentication
- Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
- Strong technical understanding of data architecture, data quality and related technologies
- Autosys scheduling
- Developing applications on Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Linux/Unix environment background including shell scripting
- Java development experience
#BI-Remote #Remote #LI-LJ1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
Back to top