Lead Software Developer in Test
- Frimley, United Kingdom
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you'll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it - we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies.We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
We are looking for Champions of Quality with hands on experience of development and automated testing to join the EPP team to help Discover not just achieve our vision, but who are keen to learn new technologies, grow their skills and most importantly drive the evolution of our software engineering practices.
We want you to love where you work and thrive in your career. Our culture inspires innovation, teamwork, and growth, so we can make a positive impact on millions of people's lives.
We embrace change and evolution, both in our staff and platforms. We are building new payment systems that allow us to utilize modern technologies (Cloud, Big Data, Open Source, Event driven real time processing) and approaches to delivery (Scaled Agile, CI/CD, TDD + BDD) that will enable us to produce software and systems to support our business and adapt to change within the fast paced FinTech world
What You'll Do
- You will code and test every day, often pairing.
- You will partner with engineers to ensure the integrity of the automated test suites and enhance them as needed.
- You will be the "champion of quality" for the team - guiding and contributing in order to execute the right tests at the right time in the process
- You will promote a 'shift-left' approach to testing, ensuring tests are identified, prepared and executed as early as possible in the lifecycle.
- You will actively enhance the integration tests and work with engineers and devops to ensure high quality releases are delivered into production.
How You'll Do It
- You will provide strategic thought leadership on testing - executing and evolving existing strategies.
- Partner with engineers to ensure the integrity of the automated test suites and enhances them as needed.
- Actively enhance the integration tests and works with engineers and devops to ensure high quality releases are delivered into production.
- Actively participates in story grooming, and coach the entire team on having a "QA Mindset."
- Give the quality approval for each story during development.
- Partner with the Product Owner to ensure all test cases and relevant scenarios are met.
Qualifications You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field
- Experience in leading software testing teams utilizing Agile delivery methods within the payments industry or equivalent experience
- ISTQB Foundation
- You can read Java code, especially unit tests.
- You have in-depth experience of multiple Java based applications and platforms.
Bonus Points If You Have
- In lieu of education, 6+ years of experience in leading software testing teams utilizing Agile delivery methods within the payments industry or equivalent experience
- You have hands on experience of implementing a shift left testing strategy.
- Experience in leading software testing teams.
- Vocal and effective communicator.
- Demonstrate assertive mind-set by being able to challenge the status-quo.
- Active participant in story grooming.
- Strategic thought leadership on testing.
- You have used as many of the following tech/tools/approaches as possible: Core Java, JUnit, Cucumber, Jenkins, Git, TDD, BDD, Contract Testing.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
Back to top